The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Non-app Phone Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I have several tricks on my phone that don't require any apps. Most of these are only possible on android, because it has a much more flexible home screen. I was wondering if anyone else has any tricks like this.
Reality is a real killjoy.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Special user
Tamil Nadu, India
814 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Dear Zach,

It will be more helpful, if you share those please
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Baguette
One of my very early releases, but it does the job: http://www.theory11.com/wire/vincent-priour-3/first-grade/

I've also got an impromptu pin divination in one of my PDFs
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I have one, where my background is a bunch of jumbled cards, so I tell them to pick one of the cards. Next I swipe over, and there is 4 cards od a different color. They choose one and it is removed from the home screen, and found in the battery pack of the phone. It is their selected card.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I do one on my old Samsung phone,i force a card and I ask the spectator to imagine it has been folded up and you can see one corner pip,i then swipe my hand over a black screen and a card appear's folded showing one pip,i then slide a card the same out of the back of the phone,this alway's get's good reaction's especialy when they look in the deck they have held and there is not another card the same.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1116 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I do a 2 part song revelation, once on their phone, once on mine (dual mindreading, spec as mindreader etc), using a combination of stuff that's already out there (no apps). Plays well.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I was messing around with my phone, and found a way to make apps invisible. It is on android, and won't work on iPhone. If you hold down the app on your home screen, then drop it, a little icon appears on it for a few seconds. If you click the icon you can change the apps icon for a picture. If you have a black background, you can set it with a black picture so it blends in. You will still have the title of the app under t, so to get rid of this you have to download an app called app name editor. Just follow the instructions, and rename the app to have no title. I am still figuring out how to use this. Any Ideas?
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
225 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
I use any iphone , get spec to go to there picture gallery , open pictures , turn phone face down in hand holdin at either end , get spec to swipe screen as many times as they want , stop when they feel like it , get them to turn over and look at pic they stopped at randomly , next I take back phone and as before turn it face down , get spec swipe away and stop when feel like , when they stop I turn my back to them , get them to look at there picture they stopped at and put there phone away n there pocket etc , now I just read there mind at describe the picture there just thinking of , it's brilliant and all done on there phone
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Beginning in September, I am writing a monthly column for The Linking Ring on this very subject. Each issue will teach a tech-trick that does not rely on apps.

My DVD The Silencer also features numerous tech-tricks that do not use any apps. Some of them use a borrowed phone!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Check out iNSTINCT on the Wire at T11. Impromptu 2 phase Mind reading effect and is in my opinion pure genius from method to effect.
iNSTINCT

In my new to be released Book OLIVIA there will be a whole section devoted to Impromptu Phone effects.

Myke
x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Non-app Phone Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL