The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Your Thoughts Please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicianphiltay
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham / UK
113 Posts

Profile of magicianphiltay
Hello all,

I am currently sending out my brochures to past clients and wanted to do some kind of prediction trick, along the lines of I send in an envelope with my promotional package sealed with a stamp (wax), saying something like the next time you book me please gather the team around and I will show you an amazing trick with this envelope, its the old curiosity killed the cat dodge.

My question to the knowledgeable members here is what is A:strong enough B: practical, workable?

Thanks for taking the time to read, its appreciated

Warm Regards
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
A headline prediction comes to mind, but since you are presenting it as a "trick", perhaps something lighter than a headline, ie, "Judy, today you will be wearing the snakeskin shoes and your 3 nose rings and are looking great!"
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Looking at it from the point of view of a potential booker, unless they know you well, they will just toss it in the bin. Life is too short. Gimmicks don't work in marketing, in my view.

A repeat booker, on the other hand, could love this. But that is based on their existing relationship with you. I would only use this on people you have already dealt with.
pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
144 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
I can't speak for most people who book magicians, but I would be all over something like that if I received it. I just hire for library shows, though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Your Thoughts Please. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL