The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » So if you were Queen Elsa with magical powers... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

manicpixie
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of manicpixie
.... on Hollywood Blvd.... what tricks might you do? Smile

Hello! I'm brand new to doing magic, though I've enjoyed the occasional show at The Magic Castle and know a couple magicians... I just haven't had a reason to learn tricks myself. Until now. I want to dress up like Elsa, from Disney's Frozen, and I thought it would be more entertaining (for others AND myself) to do some kind of magic tricks. I've been browsing the web and have found things like Insta-snow, tricks involving baking soda and water, levitating objects with string or loops... But I'm having a hard time really figuring out the most interesting "icy magic" tricks I could do out on the sidewalk. Creating ice and snow, making snowflakes (confetti ones) appear and levitate, are the things I have been trying to figure out. Would anyone have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
I suggest you ask the question in the Little Darlings section. Seems like a great idea for kids magic.

Hudson
manicpixie
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of manicpixie
OK I'll go over there too Smile
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
For making snowflakes appear, I would suggest you look into the trick commonly marketed as the Vanishing Silk. The gimmick included with that will allow you to do more than vanish a silk.

I'd also suggest you look into picking up some Slush Powder. I think you could pick both of those for under $20 at a local magic shop.

Something else you may have already considered is a quick-change costume, allowing you to magically change your dress. I don't have much experience with this effect, but it as I recall, it is something Elsa does in the movie.

Good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » So if you were Queen Elsa with magical powers... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL