We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » One handed tricks that are highly visual... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I have a client that wants to train drivers to do magic for special needs kids that they are driving them. It has to be easy to learn and visual... What tricks come to your mind...

I thought of stiff rope...drooping flower...ball to square....
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Surely you need two hands to drive?
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Sounds worse than texting or using your cell phone while driving. Tell me I am misunderstanding, certainly they are not asking drivers to perform magic while driving. Magic is not a mindless activity, keep their mind on their driving and their hands on the wheel. Tell them to install a tv and play a dvd, it's a lot cheaper than all the medical bills, lawsuits, and tickets they will get when they cause an accident. I would have not part of this idea.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I agree it would be conditional on them not being in motion when they did it.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Surely you need two hands to drive?
hey magicians drive blindfolded....;-)
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Why "one-handed?"
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
With their seat belt on... Turning to face the back seats wouldn't be comfy , so if they can do it with just their right hand it will work better in that setting.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
???

Am I missing something here? You're suggesting that professional drivers, whilst wearing their seat belts, in the driving seat, might show tricks to kids who are their passengers?

They certainly can't be actually driving whilst doing tricks, moving or not. You're driving as long as the engine is running.

Sure, if the engine is switched off, and the vehicle is properly parked.....but if so, why not slip off the seat belt, and just pop into the back of the bus to amuse the kids?

Any other way, I envisage it having all kinds of potential legal consequences.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Potty I hear ya... I am just researching right now... I don't want to be part of something that would put others on danger
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
OK.

So no magic while driving, operating heavy machinery or engaging in complex and potentially hazardous connubial activities.

What about if you are using a puppet (Yeah! That's it. A puppet!)? If you are operating a hand puppet that can't be used as a hand (it cannot grab, hold or bite a prop -- or that wouldn't look right), what tricks can you do with just the other hand?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Heh puppets work...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Perform the Cube A Libre one handed while driving; then you can see how well the driver handles the bus and performs the trick by not dropping any cubes off the dash board while using a kid as a speed bump as he is standing at the bus stop.

Smile <----- Kid at bus stop
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Lol perfect ;-)
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Sorry, but, I think that this "idea" is absolutely ridiculous. Driving a vehicle requires total attention of the operator!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
My opinion. Teach magic to people who have a passion for magic, not just people who are looking for ways to keep kids from being rowdy. That usually ends in poor magic.

And that doesn't even address the insanity and legality of driving while performing magic.

Nothing good here.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I totally agree, WWH...!

I've mentored perhaps a dozen young fellows over the years. Several of them are now full time professionals, the others are avid amateurs ("amateur" from the Latin participle "amatus)--(loved).

I am not interested--and never have been--interested in "teaching" (???) the principles of what I love to curious people.

Margaret Dailey (she was a prime mover in establishing the SAM's youth program) asked me how I liked "her" idea. I told her exactly what I thought, as I had seen a sample! It was, IMHO, an after school "baby sitting " service!

Thanks for your comments!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island
398 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
This is quite possibly the worst idea that I have ever heard of, ever.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Lol I got more details and told them the driving part is illegal...they agreed... No magic done when they are driving..it would be used when they are picking up kids...so basically looking for easy eye candy magic.. Which there is tons...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, randyburtis wrote:
Lol I got more details and told them the driving part is illegal...they agreed... No magic done when they are driving..it would be used when they are picking up kids...so basically looking for easy eye candy magic.. Which there is tons...

The doors of the bus are wide enough to drag a guillotine up the stairs and chop a few heads while waiting for a kid to take his seat
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, Dick Oslund wrote:
Sorry, but, I think that this "idea" is absolutely ridiculous. Driving a vehicle requires total attention of the operator!

Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, Dick Oslund wrote:
I totally agree, WWH...!

I've mentored perhaps a dozen young fellows over the years. Several of them are now full time professionals, the others are avid amateurs ("amateur" from the Latin participle "amatus)--(loved).

I am not interested--and never have been--interested in "teaching" (???) the principles of what I love to curious people.

Margaret Dailey (she was a prime mover in establishing the SAM's youth program) asked me how I liked "her" idea. I told her exactly what I thought, as I had seen a sample! It was, IMHO, an after school "baby sitting " service!

Dick, I wish you would stop hemming and hawing and just tell us what you really think…LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » One handed tricks that are highly visual... (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL