The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Headline Prediction (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
If something really awful happens you should be considering weather or not you want to be doing a publicity stunt on the same day as a tragedy.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2018, Mac_Stone wrote:
If something really awful happens you should be considering weather or not you want to be doing a publicity stunt on the same day as a tragedy.

Good Point, I work in TV in the UK and often stories will be bumped off the schedule if there has been a big incident. A big sports event is also the safer option.
jmayson
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jmayson
Luke Jermay has a good headline prediction on Premise and Premonition. He also gives the advice that it is morally preferable to avoid or to do something else if something awful happens on that day.

I like the idea of sticking to the sports pages as well.
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
Banacheck`s headline predictions download is GREAT:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8635

You get 4 variations. I used to do my headline predictions with a classic billet knife for years, I did not likje the small billet at the end... now I use one of the four shown on that download. Really well worth your money!!!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Edgar Cayce, Jeanne Dixon predicted JFK's assassination and that is what made her famous. WHat happens happens. I say do not run from it. However with a tragedy I am not as specific. For instance lets take the worse case scenario. 9/11 I would not have run from it, I would have predicted many other things as well in the paper and then finally ended with something like a picture of a long tall rectangle with smoke. Or... Plane hits a building somewhere in the world. Or Some major tragedy in NYC. This way you did not know specifically the tragedy but you did not avoid it. If it is a tornado or hurricane, yes I predict it.

Seriously those people who say you should not predict a tragedy because people will wonder why you never said anything. Seriously. You really anyone would have listened if a person said Bin Laden was going to fly planes in to the twin towers? They would not, they would think you were nuts. And yes maybe if you could do this you would have a responsibility but it would not change anything at all. Don't run from tragedy, touch on it but not too specific. In the twin towers I would have said, "and I drew this, I had no idea what it was at the time, but I think we all know now and I wish I had not drawn it."

Just my two cents in this PC world we are all so afraid of.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
First issue of Second Volume of the Journal of Psience is one of the safest, most practical and believable prediction methods ever
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
I second what newguy wrote. Genius method. Plus it's not technically difficult to do. The stuff Michael Weber is putting out through Psience is incredible for those that do their homework.

Much can be learned from Clearly Predictable by Larry Becker (Stunners Plus page 208). The Becker routine was mentioned in an earlier post written many moons ago. It's more in the realm of mental magic but its got a lot going on and high entertainment value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Headline Prediction (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL