The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trick for food to energy theme - nutrition show (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fooloffun
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of fooloffun
Hi I'm pretty new to the Café and do mainly circus but have a few magic tricks in my show and at present are developing a circus and nutrition show for schools and have most of the show sorted, but just want a trick to use with a volunteer that could help explain how food gives us energy, the idea is I get up a child that has had a healthy breakfast and the food in there body converts to energy so a trick that maybe they touch something and it lights up or moves, maybe I control it via a remote.

I really liked the lightning thief trick by jay mattioli but it seems to be discontinued, something like this where the child touches a battery and his energy makes the light glow, it would have to be a bright light though as most of the venues I perform would have no stage lighting and just hall lights so quite bright (d lites wouldn't show up well in these venues).
Ideally I want to find a trick I can use comedy with too, but so far I havent found anything suitable and are not sure what to look for.
I don't want to spend thousands maybe a few hundred though. Any ideas out there would be so appreciated....Thanks!
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
My first thoughts were a mass appearance of sponge balls (Barry Mitchell), eggs or silk streamers (Duane Laflin.) none of those need electricity or remote control.

There are lie detectors on the market that light up (some with sounds) that could be adapted to fit this theme. I use one by John Breeds that uses a light the size of a normal light bulb controlled by a remote in my pocket. Others by Robert Baxt are also popular.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
fooloffun
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of fooloffun
Cool thanks for the ideas, I will have a look at them they sound great.
I also had a look at 'Bloon' by Magic Smith, the balloon trick where you can pop a balloon without touching it, might be a option to do with a child's help, maybe shoot the balloon with a banana. thanks off to look at the things you suggested.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trick for food to energy theme - nutrition show (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL