The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Explicit Content by Sean Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Don't worry, I havent got mine yet either. It's strange that England got it before NYC. Oh, well, once again, maybe tomorrow.
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Better postal system me thinks. It's well worth the wait! That really doesn't help, does it?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
That is weird. Hope you guys get it soon.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Got mine yesterday. After one read through, my feeling is that while I probably won't use much of the material personally, the things that I will use are fantastic.

I made one of the items right away, and it went immediately into my never-leave-home-without-it kit. A lot of the methods are of the "You're gonna hate me for this, but..." variety, and some people will. But others will love it and be able to use it to great effect.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
I got mine today.

I REALLY like it. It's some kind of “Telekinetic Pocket Guide”, very technical, smart, simple. The effects are easy to reproduce.

If you don’t like switches and gimmicks, it is not for you. Otherwise, it is full of great Special Effects.

Congratulations, Sean!
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I have a variation of the pent-ultimate effect in the works already. To be honest, the bending routines weren't really impressive to me, or at least I didn't think I learnt anything new. The highlight was the tesla experiment and his use of d'***** in various effects. Clever. I might end up buying a d'***** just for these effects.

Isn't it weird how all these books come out and there are still typos and run-on sentences? Especially the smaller books. You would think they would be easy to catch in the editing phase.
Martin Carli
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
108 Posts

Profile of Martin Carli
Hello Sean,

Is it still time to order the book directly from you? Let me know as I would prefer to give support directly to the author. Send me a PM.

Friendly yours,

Martin
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
OK, so I found an alternative to the omni bender, because for some reason we don't do the bits needed over here in the UK (grrrr), but it don't half hurt!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Finally got the book. Some very cool ideas in here, including the one with the ice, pun intended. Really liked the pen ideas and the stuff with the ring.

For the price, you get a lot of ideas, so it's definitely worth getting.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Has anyone else still not received their copy of the book? I was one of the people who pre-ordered from Sean, and have still not received a copy of the book. Sean, perhaps you can help me out here and let me know if my copy has been shipped out yet.

Thanks.

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Zach, yours was one of the first to go out.

Email me. I will address this issue promptly. I apologize on behalf of the Canadian Postal Service. ;-)

Sean
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Can someone please send a PM my way and list all the necessary gaffs and gimmicks required to perform the effects? I'm falling for all the hype and I'd like to make sure I have everything needed to test this material out for myself. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I have had this book since the beginning of the summer, whenever it was first on Hank's site. If you haven't ordered it yet, call Hank Lee's and make sure they have it... they probably do. No need to wait for something that's already been here MONTHS ago. later -Jesse
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 19:09, RTShowmann wrote:
Can someone please send a PM my way and list all the necessary gaffs and gimmicks required to perform the effects? I'm falling for all the hype and I'd like to make sure I have everything needed to test this material out for myself. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray.

I would say the effects from the book are not impromptu at all...
You will need some setups, prior preparations, and some 'simple' gimmicked items.
Definitely do-able though
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 15:26, anticoin wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 19:09, RTShowmann wrote:

Ray.

I would say the effects from the book are not impromptu at all...
You will need some setups, prior preparations, and some 'simple' gimmicked items.
Definitely do-able though

I wouldnt say that's true...

You can do a ton of stuff ungimmicked.

North of the border
Metranome revelation
The telsa experiment (basic effect at least...)
Pent (need a pen)

And a bunch of other stuff too. You just need some note cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Explicit Content by Sean Fields (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL