The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A really dumb idea... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Spirit Halloween store opens in a couple of weeks. I spend more time there than than any normal person would. Love the stores!
Anyway, last year I bought a 6 ft animated fun house clown named WACKY MOLE. Put him together and he has been entertaining us all year in my work shop. (Google Wacky Mole and you'll see some vids on tube.)
Anyway, I was running through a couple of original routines and the wifes eyes would dart (glance) at Wacky Mole (his sound was off) as he continuously moved next to me. (behind and to the right)
The perfect CHEAP* assistant to use for distraction (mis-direction)...just glance at Wacky when you want to do something nefarious, their eyes will follow...he IS irresistable. Just a thought...dumb as it is. Smile

*He was $199 and I got him the day after Halloween for 1/2 price. Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
718 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
The eyes are almost hypnotic, especially in a darkened room.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'll hook up some black light this year but his eyes do light up nicely. He's rigged to a step pad that starts his cycles...but he can be movement triggered or continuous. We love our Wacky Mole! One of the family. Smile His grin cracks me up. Insane but not really evil...he just wants to bonk you on the head with his hammer...awww so cute. heh heh heh. Too bad he's no longer available in the catalog.
Higley's Doug's Museum
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Great, shame we don't have any stores like that in Spain :-(
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Maybe that's an opportunity knocking George.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/

Love the Coat Rack. Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
718 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
They have tons of what are called "pop up" stores out here - People just find an empty space in a mall and rent it for a month or so and move as much halloween merchandise as possible. Could be combined with a "what is it?" display to even greater success - if your market is wide open the opportunities are endless! Zoop might have some ideas/tips on this concept as he is a Spooky entrepreneur.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have a zombie type man in chains and his head shakes and his eyes light up red and he talk's ,help me .and other stuff,great fun at Halloween,shame I can not remember where I purchased it,it is activated by a push in switch on a strip of plastic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A really dumb idea... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL