The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Legalize magic (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
This guy is really cool.. Smile

of course I also never would explain a non magican any secrets of tricks.. death before dishonour !!!!
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Well, if Calen Morelli wanted to make it more real he could have offered oregano to a cop.. looks like weed but is legal.. the risk of getting shot is at almost zero - specially as a camara is nearby..

so do not know if the cop is fake.. guess he is - otherwise the cop would have arrested him probably..

The Cop is a fake.
He is an actor.
It's a funny spoof and no, he shouldn't be shot.
If you lived in Blackpool you would be bad tempered too.

Now can we please get back to more serious things such as "who is the best mentalist ever in the whole wide world (well the small wide world that I know of) ever", or " people can charge what they like but this is too much" or even "it doesn't matter if a trick doesn't suit your style or you're not natural with it, its the audience that matters".
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Me personally, I loved it as I was entertained. That being said, I'm just a pr*ck who also where's his hat backwards.
Twitter @darjames
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
If its a black hat you wear it backinblack so to say.. Smile
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
It is indeed a black hat! Therefore I'm down with backinblack Smile

Http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/08/18/mag......-morelli
Twitter @darjames
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Well, if Calen Morelli wanted to make it more real he could have offered oregano to a cop.. looks like weed but is legal..

I've got a little experience in law enforcement.
In most States here in the US, sale of an imitation substance is illegal. This includes solicitation and offering for sale an imitation controlled substance. (Do you really want to tell your cellmate you were selling oregano?).

And...having some knowledge of hiding places for contraband combined with some knowledge of magical methods, I know where it "disappeared."

My only questions is.....How did he "keister" it so fast? And...how did he retrieve it equally as fast?
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Its black-magic.. Smile

"but the guy in uniform is not a sworn donut-muncher" cool.. I like this guy.. Smile
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Obviously a funny fake- not real. Didn't you think the cop noticed the camera?

And it's totally sick to say that someone deserves to be shot for this- even if he was actually stupid enough to sell weed to a cop. If a cop shot him for something like this, he'd certainly be terminated and indicted.

Bob,

I'm not so sure. First, he looked like a cop to me (also, Iain was kind enough to provide the kid's twitter feed).

As for being terminated and indicted for a shooting? Look at that poor kid in Ferguson (and what appears to be a botched cover up).

Best wishes,

Scott
p.s. Here we go...
'Curiouser and curiouser."
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Interesting.. so if he would have done it for real Smile in a state it is not illegal to sale of an imitation substance he would have had more pr but not much more risk.. well, anyhow: good viral marketing..

btw: guys: if you like to take your pr to the limit just drop me a pm.. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, Harris wrote:
As I wrote above.

A. It is real PR
B. it's not everyone's cup if tea
C. Not everyone likes tea

Deutsch
Harris Deutsch
"If we can't laugh at ourselves, others will beat us to it. "

I like tea!!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Calen is an awesome magician, a nice guy (I met him at his Penguin lecture), and used to work for Copperfield.

Also not sure if its real or not - but I was amused. The timing with the events in Ferguson is unfortunate though.
Lakewood, Ohio
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, Scott Soloff wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Obviously a funny fake- not real. Didn't you think the cop noticed the camera?

And it's totally sick to say that someone deserves to be shot for this- even if he was actually stupid enough to sell weed to a cop. If a cop shot him for something like this, he'd certainly be terminated and indicted.

Bob,

I'm not so sure. First, he looked like a cop to me (also, Iain was kind enough to provide the kid's twitter feed).

As for being terminated and indicted for a shooting? Look at that poor kid in Ferguson (and what appears to be a botched cover up).

Best wishes,

Scott
p.s. Here we go...

The "cop" obviously knows this is on video and that a camera person is also present. (And I know a lot of guys in TV and the movies who look like cops, too!)

But my main point was simply to question the mind set of the poster who said this kid would have deserved it if he got shot. Pretty sick.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Agreed.
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, j100taylor wrote:
Calen is an awesome magician, a nice guy (I met him at his Penguin lecture), and used to work for Copperfield.

Also not sure if its real or not - but I was amused. The timing with the events in Ferguson is unfortunate though.

The answer is in the link on the first page.
Twitter @darjames
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Yeah seems setup to me too, I also figure Calen Morelli is smart enough to know not to do this in real life anyway, still made me laugh none the less.
Syndrome
View Profile
Regular user
CANADIAN IMP
165 Posts

Profile of Syndrome
Cheeky play. Not my style of performing but it does look like the back of a set. Unless the uniform moonlights in maintenance.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." -Voltaire (1694-1778)
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, Galileo wrote:
Yeah seems setup to me too, I also figure Calen Morelli is smart enough to know not to do this in real life anyway, still made me laugh none the less.

smart enough in the sense of having balls or smart enough in the sense of max pr-impact?
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
If it is in a state where marijuana is legal, then I could see it being potentially real and not set up. However, assuming that marijuana is not legal in that state (a safe assumption as if it was I don't see why the cop would have a problem) then the next step the cop would have taken would most likely be to detain the kid and call in a k9 unit to find the herb. Entertaining, but set-up I feel.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Again, the answer is on the first page, he admits to the cop being a fake.
Twitter @darjames
THB
View Profile
Regular user
Brussels
177 Posts

Profile of THB
Wow, its the best version of russian roulette I have ever seen ....
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Legalize magic (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL