The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Street performing (3 to 4 tricks) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thunder Island
View Profile
New user
England
24 Posts

Profile of Thunder Island
Hi I need help how to perform a few tricks in the streets and suggestions on how to put my routine. I have searched how to do it online but not much and last how cold I relieve some of the nervousness before hand

THank's
Brogan_C
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Brogan_C
Doing some simple tricks (self working maybe) will help a lot with building confidence and removing the nervousness. My suggestion would be to start with basic tricks i.e. a trick like Here then There, or any other simple in the hands tricks. Once you begin to feel more confident then begin doing some harder things. Plus on the street you don't really need a routine, you can switch from one subject to another and it shouldn't affect the magic overall.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1098 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I'm sure you've thought of it already, but, just in case, remember that your tricks should be:

1. Quick and visual (you may have noisy environment)
2. Props easily carried in your pockets
3. Instant reset (if you wish to repeat performances)
4. Everything happens in your/spectator's hands (no table needed)

mlippo
Thunder Island
View Profile
New user
England
24 Posts

Thank's mlippo but does it matter that I don't have any that I can think of because if not it needs a table other than " The Dream "
Thunder Island
View Profile
New user
England
24 Posts

Can I use marked bicycle deck to do a couple of tricks
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Go to this section of the forum, this is for busking and do some serious research and reading
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=6&48786

The Magi in this section perform on the streets for a living,
and most of the Magi with real experience in performing don't post in the New to Magic section.
A few do, but those with any advice will be checking over there.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
710 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
You can use what ever you want to for magic. Just make sure it's entertaining
Rodney
View Profile
New user
Texas
40 Posts

Profile of Rodney
I worked the streets years ago when I began in magic in the Boston Haymarket. Whatever tricks you carry you need to be able to carry easily either on you or in the small bag. Street magic is really about gathering the crowd lots of corny jokes and involving several people so you can keep the crowd. A short sweet funny performance and then hit them for the money. The videos we see today of street performers working one or two people isn't how it's really done. People want to be amazed but more importantly they want a laugh as a crowd and enjoy the show.
Rodney
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
About the nervousness, Brogan_c is right. A simple self working trick is the best way to open a routine, be in the stage or strolling (or street magic, for that matter) I have to desagree with Brogan though, I don't think an effect with a Dou*** Li*** is the best way to open because the nervous will make you fail on that technique 80% of the time.

I don't know what kind of magic you do, but, my suggestion is you start with the simpliest trick you have, that doesn't involve sleight of hand at all.

Your routine can be one trick that connects with another in sort of a logical way (It really doesn't have to be very logical, just a little) and be sure that is no longer than 5 minutes, remember that people did not pay to see your act, you don't wanna upset them.

If you have any question I've be pleased to got a PM from you.

Ever
I shall see you on the other side.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Any trick can and will work. But here are a few things that might help.

Trick 1- Something visual and can be repeated to attract a crowd (I use multiplying bananas)
Trick 2- Muilt phase trick to give the image of something happening to passer buy also to connect with them (I use sponge balls)
Trick 3- Something to use a cute kid and offer lots of laughs. (I use Egg bag)
Trick 4- A muilt phase strong routine. (I use a single rope routine)

In between this you need lot od patter and strong comedy also work in hat lines.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Street performing (3 to 4 tricks) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL