The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manoj Candles by Manoj Kaushal (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
New effect from Manoj Kaushal who brought us the " Manoj Bottle "
Trailer : http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52741#
This is the description :
Fire and Levitation, the two most demanded elements of magic are now fused in ONE stage device. 

Create the strong and surreal visual for the world by levitating the flame several inches over the candle and then bringing it back down with the same grace. 

Manoj Candle is a floating candle flame illusion that has been specifically designed for solo STAGE performers. If you are a "packs small and plays big" believer than Manoj Candle is the device for you.

Effects:
One Man Operation
Purely Mechanical
Self Content (the other variation requires a little something)
Packs Small, Plays Big
Easy, Simple and Quick Set-Up

Note: This Package Includes: A special candle gimmick, refills, and an Instructional DVD.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
You know when I saw this effect what is the first thing that I speculate ? Will the gimmick last long ? I had so many fire related gimmicks at home . Many was ruined after several performances .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
manoj
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
122 Posts

Profile of manoj
Hey Guys!

Thanks for noticing the effect. I am pretty excited about this one because the picture that it paints when the flame levitates in your hand is too surreal.

Hope you guys have fun with it.

Now, about the gimmick. The gimmick won't last for ever but it will work for a very long time for sure. Giving the exact timeline will be tough but rest assured it will be a part of your show for a long time.

Do let me know if you have any more doubts or questions regarding this effect. I would love to answer them.

Thanks
M.
CLICK-Capture the future // RELEASED
UNSEEN-Signed card to spectator's hand // RELEASED
The Manoj Linking Pins // RELEASED!
The Manoj Candle // RELEASED!
The Manoj Bottle // RELEASED!

VISIT!

www.manojkaushal.com

www.9780design.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
How does it differ from Jair Bonair`s Floating Candle Flame ?
domplato
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of domplato
This effect is a knock-off of Jair Bonair's "Floating Flame" effect. Then came Visual Magic's "Phantom Candle" which has been on the market since 1999 was re-created with permission. Both of these are far superior than the Manoj Candle.
Dominic Plato
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
I know this thread is a little old. But I was hoping that by now someone may be able to offer some insight on this item. It really looks amazing and I cannot find a review anywhere. Nor can I find the other aforementioned effects when I google search such as Jair Bonairs Floating Flame. Which I am interested in as well.

Thank you!
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
REVIEW - MANOJ CANDLE- by Manoj Kaushal - Retail- $60-$80

AD COPY-

"Fire and Levitation, the two most demanded elements of magic are now fused in ONE stage device.

Create the strong and surreal visual for the world by levitating the flame several inches over the candle and then bringing it back down with the same grace.

Manoj Candle is a floating candle flame illusion that has been specifically designed for solo STAGE performers. If you are a "packs small and plays big" believer than Manoj Candle is the device for you.

Effects:
One Man Operation
Purely Mechanical
Self Content (the other variation requires a little something)
Packs Small, Plays Big
Easy, Simple and Quick Set-Up

Note: This Package Includes: A special candle gimmick, refills, and an Instructional DVD."

The ad copy is all true. Was not sure if I could call this "mechanical" but I believe that it meets the definition. In the package you receive a very nice box, dvd+case, gimmick, and the "refill"
The dvd is short, sweet and direct to the point. It is also filmed in HD and teaches you everything you need to know.
The gimmick is very well made and will last you forever. You are supplied enough extra stuff for about 50 performance. The extra stuff can be bought at Walmart for around $5 in high quantities and will last you a very very long time.
When the part comes on every magic dvd where the creator sits down and tells you the supplies you need (all the arts and craft items). There is always something that I need to go to the store to grab. With this there are 3 simple items and I'm positive every household owns these items. They are the simplest of simple. Takes 2 minutes to set up and then your good to go whenever you want to perform. You can prep it then wait several hours if you choose. This cannot be reset in front of anyone and it isn't something you would do table hopping anyways. I believe the ad is accurate because it clearly states that this is a "STAGE" effect. That being said, it works exactly how I believed it would work but it is made from better materials and oh so very simple to operate. I was testing the viewing limitations for this so I set the candle in a holder and put the flame in its "stationary levitation position" if you will, and I could NOT see the gimmick at about 12 feet away on a cloudy day. I imagine this could be improved upon by not levitating the flame as high and choosing your background and motions accordingly. On stage this would be a piece of cake, even just 12 feet from your audience this would be a piece of cake if you take your lighting and etc. into consideration, which you must. You can hold the candle and perform it or you can set the candle in a holder and not hold it and levitate the flame. You must be near the candle though and The flame levitates about 5-7 inches above the candle. Looks VERY magical. No credits on the dvd. I would love to see / learn the others mentioned in this post but I was not able to find them.

Very happy with this.
Another review for the archives.

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a decision.

Thanks for reading!
manoj
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
122 Posts

Profile of manoj
Hey pelicantrapper!!!

Thanks for the amazing indepth review of Manoj Candle.

Am happy tht you liked the effect and its really great that you are helping others make a decision!

Thanks once again!
M.
CLICK-Capture the future // RELEASED
UNSEEN-Signed card to spectator's hand // RELEASED
The Manoj Linking Pins // RELEASED!
The Manoj Candle // RELEASED!
The Manoj Bottle // RELEASED!

VISIT!

www.manojkaushal.com

www.9780design.com
Alexei Kee
View Profile
New user
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain)
28 Posts

Profile of Alexei Kee
Hi, people!

Sorry about refloating this thread. Did anybody bought this effect and want to sell it? I’m interested in getting one. Just PM me!!!

Thanks a lot!

AK Smile
People waste 50% of their mind power. I'm a genius, I waste 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manoj Candles by Manoj Kaushal (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL