The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Delivering Memorized Patter Without Becoming A Robot! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2017, RichardIngram wrote:
I think that sometimes just acting like you just thought of a joke/line or at least delivering it like you have seems to add a freshness that keeps the performance from sounding robotic.

I usually do this also but am trying to get better at public speaking now that speaking gigs are on the horizon. I often play a character during my mentalism shows that may not work as well in the corporate speaking world.
bluejay17!
View Profile
Regular user
DC
120 Posts

Profile of bluejay17!
The way I've found is to have a bunch of line that I can use, and then use whichever one feels right.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Some magicians might call that, a JAZZ PRESENTATION. --from the concept of "jazz" in music. It's a good way to "localize" your presentation, for a "special" group.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2019, bluejay17! wrote:
The way I've found is to have a bunch of line that I can use, and then use whichever one feels right.

Some magicians might call that a 'jazz" presentation. (From the concept of "jazz" in music.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ABREWCADABREW
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
15 Posts

Profile of ABREWCADABREW
Also work your routine/material several times on friends you trust. Get's your chops down as well as honest feedback.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
The way I work is by memorizing some key lines that keep me in track and between them I say something that feels right, and by this way of working every perfomance is different.

Just my 2 cents,
Sorry if I made any spelling mistake,
Cristóbal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Delivering Memorized Patter Without Becoming A Robot! (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL