We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q & A Routine (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
My first "What do you think of this?" idea that I posted here in 2009 was similarly shot down in flames. And I had a post count much higher than 4 at the time, too. That particular idea never did see the light of day in the form that I offered it, because more experienced performers told me that it would never fly. But I'm still here, older and (a teeny bit) wiser. Let's hope that Drew doesn't take this too hard, but grows and continues to refine his own style rather than trying to be Derren.

Drew - be as good as Derren, but don't BE Derren! Smile Welcome to the madhouse.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Similarly, my initial posts here were flamed as well by members I highly respect and have been of great help since then. I was offended and angry, but did a LOT of thinking over the pages and pages of discussion on my first few threads. This section of the Café sure doesn't sugar coat anything and it's a good thing. I'd rather have someone tell me an idea was garbage than simply appease me. It's the only way to truly grow.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
All the guy has to do is come back on here and introduce himself. Then just make a little fun of himself and he will win us all over.

We all have said things that we wished that we could take back. I made quite a few of them myself but just went with the flow and took it on the chin. That is what guys do.

So Drew, come back and introduce yourself and you will then see a better response. Just don't try and pretend that you really meant something else when we all know that isn't the case.

I really would like you to come back because I do want to know the reason of using a dog tag.

It was mention that we were bullying the guy. No, we were not. He ask for our opinion and we gave it. If people can't handle the truth (answers) then don't ask.... What were we to do? Maybe give him a group hug and lightly smack his bottom to make him feel welcome.

Ray
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1457 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
... but there comes a time when we should grow up and act like adults and leave the school yard mentality and bullying behind.

Just my thoughts.

Tony

Agreed 100 percent with you Tony.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
It is threads like this that give this area such a bad (and deserved) reputation.

I know I'm as guilty as everyone else, but there comes a time when we should grow up and act like adults and leave the school yard mentality and bullying behind.

Just my thoughts.

Tony

Thank you for being the voice of decency on this thread. You are completely right. And it needs to be said here more often.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm sorry Drew - come on back.

Thanks to Tony for being the adult in the room.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2977 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I'm afraid the jury is still out for me. drewslees94's first two posts were links to an ebay auction selling a copy of Staniforth's Lottery Prediction. These were eventually removed by the mods. He sprinkled in a couple of other posts to look slightly less like someone trying to make a hefty buck from Café members (starting bid $200). I note that he joined other magic forums at the same time to do the same thing.

So far he hasn't convinced me that he is interested in contributing anything positive to the Café, but I will be delighted to be proved wrong.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18020 Posts

Profile of IAIN
As for the bullying remark...

Older men than he, making withering comments, even after the initial knock down...not needed, and was indeed heading towards bullying (online)...

Its not life or death by any means, however, lets not do ourselves an injustice...
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
I'm afraid the jury is still out for me. drewslees94's first two posts were links to an ebay auction selling a copy of Staniforth's Lottery Prediction. These were eventually removed by the mods. He sprinkled in a couple of other posts to look slightly less like someone trying to make a hefty buck from Café members (starting bid $200). I note that he joined other magic forums at the same time to do the same thing.

So far he hasn't convinced me that he is interested in contributing anything positive to the Café, but I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Thank you for researching the actual facts of the matter. THAT is what the voice of reason sounds like, gang!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, IAIN wrote:
As for the bullying remark...

Older men than he, making withering comments, even after the initial knock down...not needed, and was indeed heading towards bullying (online)...

Its not life or death by any means, however, lets not do ourselves an injustice...

But if someone does turn out to be a troll or troublemaker or whatever - a spade should be called a spade. That isn't bullying.

Time will tell.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18020 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yup - but zero evidence so far...innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz...

we all started somewhere...
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2977 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Indeed Iain. We were all young and daft once. I hope drewslee was not just here to try and make money from us and that he partakes fully in Café life.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18020 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Even if he was, he just used the wrong section... He's not exposed or blabbed...let's just leave it be for now!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2977 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Time will tell. No need to reply to this post Iain. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18020 Posts

Profile of IAIN
#martinwantsthelastword
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
He's still around posting in other threads.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q & A Routine (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL