The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dream Prediction Elite- Paul Romhany (53 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
I really like Dream Prediction. We talk about it with a live performance on our latest show here : http://www.magictao.co.uk/TaoTV/Weekly-Magazine-EP-05
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10569 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Any more comments or reviews please? I haven't actually opened my box yet
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've been using mine in my house party shows in the last few weeks.

I do what I call a compact cabaret as it all fits in one small case, my close-up magic in another.

It's very easy to do and takes up minimal space.

We have it in stock ready to ship in the UK for anyone looking to get this ASAP.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/d......any.html

I love it, you should get that box open and start doing this.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10569 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, Saturn UK wrote:

I do what I call a compact cabaret as it all fits in one small case, my close-up magic in another.

We have it in stock ready to ship in the UK for anyone looking to get this ASAP.

Well that settles it - I will open the box and delve into it. Like a lot of you guys I have way too many new effects, books + beta testing for a few creators and its overwhelming at times.

Thanks for the nudge.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4702 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

I agree. This is so easy to use and always gets amazing reactions. Love how compact it is. Also love how you can use it as a general writing pad.

RNK
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10569 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I agree. This is so easy to use and always gets amazing reactions. Love how compact it is. Also love how you can use it as a general writing pad.

RNK

Thank you all Smile
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
As an aside here, how is this different from a C**z** Enve***e and your imagination? Is this an improvement or simplification on Roger's work?

TIA

WNail
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1494 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
It's inspired by the Curzon envelope and Paul does credit.
I was on the fence getting this but glad I did.
It totally kills and I prefer doing it with business cards as they can keep the prediction with their holiday on the back.
Great buy.
Tommytallica
View Profile
New user
uuuh jeg har skrevet
95 Posts

Profile of Tommytallica
Why choose this over the curzon envelope or David Regals special delivery?
Seems very similar.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
For those who feel it is too perfect, why not offer a list of ten ladies?
For example, if going on a dream date who would you choose?
Jessica Alba
Jessica Simpson
ect....
What food would you order from this Chines menu? (most likely a number)
and What movie would you go see?
(in this case, you use some sort of impression device) ect...
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Ordered and received a Penguin packing video. Should get it in the next few days.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2402 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
When are the refill envelopes going to be available?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1494 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Contact Paul via the fb group.
bobgill
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of bobgill
A few have asked what differentiates this from other versions of Confabulation out there.

Three things for me:
- it is suitable for walk around. Because of the method in the traditional Confabulation it has never been capable of performing close up.

- which brings me to the real reason: The Routine.
Paul is well known as a working pro, who selects his material carefully and thinks it through to make it truly work.
He has worked this countless times and dressed the challenges inherent in performing such an effect surrounded. Watching his performance of it is a delight in itself.

- the envelope used for the revelation is a beauty: well made, highly visual, and extremely smooth in operation.

It is on the expensive side perhaps. But the props are superb, and you are paying a pro for the inside track on his working material. On that level, it is a cheap package!

But it's not a hobbyist or collector's package: this one is only for workers.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10569 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I decided to sell mine recently - not because this isn't a good effect but because for me the whole premise of confabulation just feels far too perfect and as such comes off as a magic trick (albeit a very entertaining one).
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4702 Posts

Profile of RNK
A lot of times I never make all the predictions exactly as the spectator answers. I agree that too perfect is sometimes bad. But with this prop or any other confab routine it is very easy not to make the prediction spot on. You just have to be able to think quickly and think like a thesaurus. Not saying you don't Saysold- I am just reporting my thoughts and what I do.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I received DPE just this week from Hocus Pocus, have been through the DVD twice, and taken notes, and thought about it some. May perform it for the first time Monday evening.

Thanks for this thread, especially the advice of giving the spectators a limited range of options for each of the three entries, so the revelation doesn't look too perfect. Also, thanks for the idea of being slightly wrong on one.

One question occurs to me. Is this necessarily a Prediction routine? I am imagining a routine with an implied Influence premise. OR leaving the spectators to decide for themselves whether their choices were predicted or influenced. I'd appreciate any wisdom from the community, so thanks in advance.

George
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
194 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Keep in mind that DPE, can be used to predict, influence, or allow the spectator to intuit absolutely anything. This is useful for way more than just confabulation, although that's certainly a good application.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Paul is a FREAKIN GENIUS .. this is REALLY REALLY GOOD !!!
Highly Recommended!!!

This goes right into my act.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
For anyone curious about a live performance of this, here's Curtis the Mentalist performing it on KSN TV:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dream Prediction Elite- Paul Romhany (53 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL