The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dream Prediction Elite- Paul Romhany (53 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4718 Posts

Profile of RNK
Should be receiving mine by Friday. I will post my thoughts when it arrives.

RNK
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, magicinsight wrote:

While you get 10 specially made envelopes that are durable and should last a long time, any plans of being able to order replacement envelopes directly from Hocus-Pocus? It is a terrific effect and routine.

Michael

Hello Michael,

I checked with Paul Romhany and he said that he uses his dream prediction elite wallet very regularly and he gets between 6-12 months out of each envelope, so the 10 included envelopes will last a long time. But he did say that replacement envelopes will be available in the near future.

Hope that helps,

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1120 Posts

Profile of caigy
This is a very nicely made, well thought out, self-contained bit of business, which I will definitely use.
I had a good idea as to the modus operandi but was pleasantly surprised with the improvements Paul Romhany has made and the additional built-in features, which he has incorporated into this close-up variation of his previous versions of his 'Dream Prediction' routine. .
The instructional DVD is quite detailed, covering the history of the Dream Prediction and how the Elite version evolved. It also takes you, step by step, through the basic preparation and gives plenty of handling tips and presentational ideas...I was especially pleased to see that Roger Curzon was amongst the people, who's original idea, Paul credited as an inspiration for Dream Prediction Elite.
Highly recommended.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3688 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Thank you, Cole. I totally agree with Caigys review. Spot on.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
manofmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of manofmagic
Dream Prediction Elite Version (Wallet) by Paul Romhany - Trick

Original effect No
Original Presentation No
Original Patter No
Improved prop No
In any way advanced the art No
A Bad release YES!

Paul Romhany did not and invent the effect. He did not invent the method (DW). He did not improve upon the method. He did not improve upon the props. He did not improve upon the presentation. In fact I have a sneaking suspicion he nicked his presentation directly from Graham Jolly's dream vacation routine. He did nothing but sell me crap, and give me a bad technique to perform it. That should be a crime Smile
The routine and method in the book The Uncanny Scot Ron Wilson is far superior. If Mr. Romhany thinks he improved the Confabulation by a window envelope so you can see the prediction in there first. Which is by the way is "magician thinking” ... I will leave it at that. You could use a nonproprietary window envelope in a Le Paul wallet and do the regular method and you would see it in there before removing it. In fact the audience participant can remove and examine the envelope because you don't have a hokey fake proprietary envelope. This release was absolutely unnecessary. Was it designed to make my money disappear!
Could this be performed by an accomplished performer? yes, but why would you want to with better methods out there.
For those considering this effect, track down a copy of The Uncanny Scot Ron Wilson. For 67 bucks you can get a le Paul wallet and do it a better way.
For those of you with talent who want the finest props for this type of routine look no further than Confabulation de Luxe, Alan Shaxon & Fred Kaps Wallet
For those of you who play larger venues and have big bucks and an assistant look no further than Malloy Modern Magic’s “Master Prediction System”.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Welcome aboard manofmagic. Certainly the Uncanny Scot is excellent.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Just bought this . Will give a review soon .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4718 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got my package yesterday. I agree with Michaels review. I am happy with my purchase. I love the visuals on how the prediction comes out of the envelope. A very nice update with this routine, a huge selling point. I feel the mechanics are easily accomplished to make everything work.

As Paul states on the DVD, an envelope if used extensively should last 6 months. So if your not using this everyday your envelopes should last a long time.

I think this would be a great final effect to do at the end of your set. If you like what you see from the video and do not have any other way to accomplish the effect, I definately recommend this.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4718 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got my package yesterday. I agree with Michaels review. I am happy with my purchase. I love the visuals on how the prediction comes out of the envelope. A very nice update with this routine, a huge selling point. I feel the mechanics are easily accomplished to make everything work.

As Paul states on the DVD, an envelope if used extensively should last 6 months. So if your not using this everyday your envelopes should last a long time.

I think this would be a great final effect to do at the end of your set. If you like what you see from the video and do not have any other way to accomplish the effect, I definately recommend this.

RNK
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

After watching the DVD , I must say this is awesome . There are so much possibilities with this . I use the original routine ( the basic one that he does ) and received great reactions . Very nice product . However my only complain is that my DVD is not full . My DVD ends halfway during the stage performance . Other than that it is a five star product . The things I received is in great quality . The wallet should last a ling time to come . The envelopes are well designed and since someone mentioned future refills are available , I don't see anything as a problem . The DVD is detailed however Paul seem to teach in hurry . I think it's just me but I feel he is talking and moving too fast . Anyways I managed to catch up and got everything down . The effect itself is promising . It will definitely receive a great reaction when presented right .

- Albert Einstein
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of Daren
I too love this, it is very visual to do and as an added convincer you can turn the pad around to show what you have written, confirming what the spectator had chosen at complete randomness!! As I said it is very easy to do, hardly a move to do at all, I would more or less say this is self working, not a sleight in sight, but you still get a very very powerful effect, think about it for a second, you see a folded up biz card, a note or lottery ticket inside the envelope you tip it out and it has the information on it that the spectator mentioned, this is killer!!! I was thinking though to maybe be close to one of the predictions, not bang on, maybe off by a few pence when it comes to the value of money, this I think gives it a little more impact, don't know why but a little more believable?? but great product, everything very well made, should last a lifetime
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

There is a certain sleight . However it is really easy . I believe any intermediate would be able to do it without much practice . It's really worth for how much it costs . Furthermore Paul is helpful enough . I contacted Paul for an issue of the link provided on the DVD and he solved it within hours . Thanks to him . I will be using this effect .

- Albert Einstein
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Just ordered this from Cole at Hocus Pocus Magic and I must say the service and personal attention is top notch. The free Shipping is a major plus too!
Keep up the good work Cole.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
959 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I agree mysticalsales, I've been a happy customer with hocus-Pocus for over 13 years. They have everything and a ton of knowledge. Cole has been amazing. Well trained by his dad and mom! Great customer service. Give cole or Paul a call. This is a great product. 1800 407-4040 hocus-Pocus.com
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
maxchen
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of maxchen
A full video performance of the effect would be great.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2490 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2014, maxchen wrote:
A full video performance of the effect would be great.

No
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
When ever I have a question Hocus Pocus always answers them fast and truthfully. Great magic shop. Smile
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Sounds very interesting, might order it soon too. Smile

Andreu.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
HI everybody
Sorry I don't get time to read the Café anymore as my time is mostly taken up with my family, performing, travelling and putting VANISH - International Magic Magazine together (which btw is now an APP on iTunes and GooglePlus). A friend said there was a group on here and I should chime in.

First of all thank you to everybody who pre-ordered. Everything has now been shipped out. Also because of the cost of manufacturing there are only a limited number made and once gone I don't know if any more will be made. I think 3/4 have been sold. It's quite an investment on my part having these made up, which is why they are limited in numbers.

Thanks to Alan Wong who has really gone all out and produced a first rate product that will last. The wallets (or note-pads) are made from the highest quality leather and again have changed over the years from the original I had made up. I decided to go for the best quality rather than the cheapest - and I'm proud of what we have achieved. There have been many prototypes of the past several yeas and the decision to go for quality has paid off. Not the cheapest for me in respect of my investment, but at the end of the day the consumer can be assured they are getting something that will last and work 100% of the time. As many have said there is no real slight and in the DVD I show you several ways to do what is necessary.

Dream Prediction Elite is designed for walk-about or any type of close-up gig. I've used it now for 4 years in trade-shows, at weddings, corporate functions and pretty much every situation you can work when it comes to close-up. I've had some top professional magicians AND mentalists beta testing this as well so we know it works well in the paying world of performing. For those who asked, the envelope has been redesigned so the workings are similar to the original stage version but with a few special additions. These envelopes are custom made for me due to the nature and you couldn't make these yourself. You get 10 in a pack so they will last a long time. Refills will be available.

In the performance I use a piece of paper as my final prediction reveal however you can use anything. I personally prefer to use my business card as it leaves them with something special.

For those who have purchased this I have set up a Facebook page but you will need to Facebook me direct so I can 'join you'. There are already some great ideas up there.

If you have any questions then send me a direct email rather than use the magic Café as I only come on once every few months if that now.

If you have purchased this then do make sure you join the FB group DreamPredictionElite because it's a great place to share.

This can be purchased direct from me or any of your favorite magic dealers.

AND NOW A PLUG ...

Did I mention VANISH MAGAZINE? Smile Next issue comes out end of this week - over 100,000 readers now which is amazing. New contributor includes Jeff Hobson. Visit http://www.vanishmagazine.com
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10584 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Haven't been following the thread but just catching up now. Looks promising based on reviews so far. Wondering if anyone has thought about the possibility of coming this with David Regal's Clarity Box? I don't know the working here other than the DW but curious is you could use with Regal's box rather than the envelope?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dream Prediction Elite- Paul Romhany (53 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL