The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » S ea Dollars Plus (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
As a bizarrist take on coin magic, I begin with a groaner of a joke for magicians. Is a sea dollar considered to be a 'Flipper' Coin?

Yes, Flipper as in the old television dolphin show.

Based on that foolishbess, consider the coin effects and transformations which can be done using sea dollars, shells and star fish,

Sea dollars painted silver on one side, gold on the other. On the big auction sight, they have on the silver Chinese coin search,

actual ancient silver coins shaped like conical sea shells.

Sea shells have many different meanings and magic s of their own in different cultures. Something the thinking bizarrist might want to look into.

A pearl with IT attaching it to the back edge of a flat shell can become a three shell effect, depending upon from which edge, front or back the shell od levered/ lifted from. Front reveals the pearl, back conceals it hanging at the rear.

I could have posted this in the coin magic area, but doubt they would put it to use the way we would.

Kotah
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
SOME countries have coins which have images of dolphins on them, netal stampings shops and jewelry outlets also have ocen themed metal items of adornment which could be employed in this variation on a coin magic theme.

Dr, sawa has several incredible sea shell routine. In his hands, most magical.

Sea shlls and corral etc. are great elements for readings too for the mentalist

I once devised a story in which a star fish changed to a tin sheriff's star badge and then to an oriental throwing weapon, sherrenkin.(sp?)

Kotah
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, KOTAH wrote:

I once devised a story in which a star fish changed to a tin sheriff's star badge and then to an oriental throwing weapon, sherrenkin.(sp?)

Kotah

Ha, I do like this ! Smile

Would have loved to herd the story and seen your routine, Kotah !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Spelling clarification, a thrown weapon is a shuriken, but if you wanted to be quite specific then a star shaped throwing weapon is a Shaken (Sha-ken). Loving the coin ideas Kotah.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Cool direction Ron. Don't forget if themeing in this direction, all that can be done with Natural Sponges.
Higley's Doug's Museum
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Shaken, thank you Bryn for setting it straight.

Thank you dDoug for the encouragement.

The dangling eye in the scene from 'Jaws' Higleys Demented eye discovered like a giant pearl beneath a large clam shell.

Thanks to all for the opportunity to kick around a few ideas.

Kotah
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, KOTAH wrote:

Kotah

Ha, I do like this ! Smile

Would have loved to herd the story and seen your routine, Kotah !

Second that--was this one ever published Ron ?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Bill Z , nope, it was never published.
It now resides in some long forgotten folder in my file cabinet

It was more tongue in cheek rather than serious or dark.

Most likely best that it not be resurrected.

Kotah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » S ea Dollars Plus (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL