The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any tips for first time performer? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ninja14127
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ninja14127
Hi all,
I am planning to perform magic at a picnic event soon. This is my first big performance. I have been performing close up magic for friends in a year now. Can you guys give me any tips on how I would perform successfully? Also, I am thinking to get a tip jar to put on my magic table. Do you thinks it is a good idea to do so? I would appreciate for your help and advices.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hello ninja! I didn't use your surname (14127) as we are quite informal here (!)

It would help if we knew what sort of performance. Strolling? Stand up "formal" show? or ???

Since you've had a year of close up performing experience, it would seem logical to assume strolling, but let the folks here know.

If this is your first performance, I don't think itwould be a good idea to put out a tip jar. You'll need to use your own judgment on that.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ninja14127
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ninja14127
Thank you so much for replying, Dick. I will do strolling. I would appreciate you could give me some tips for strolling.
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
237 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
My standard advice would be plan for the tricks you want to perform.....then empty your pockets and leave most of them at home. You won't need loads and loads of stuff. Plan what you will do if it rains. If you are strolling do you need a table? Most important of all pack your smile.
Let the Entertainment Commence!
LewisF
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of LewisF
Plan a couple of different "sets" if you perform for a group that is close to the group you just left then you'll want to not repeat any of your previous tricks. 2 or 3 sets should do it depending on the distance between groups.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any tips for first time performer? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL