The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ghostly Alarm Clock - 70% OFF (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
An idea for those with Death in the Family this can be used to select the plate after you have laid them out in clock order. The demo of the Alarm Clock shows the shadow of a hand moving over the playing cards. Seems to me that would be an effective ploy with DITF plates and ringing on the time the spec chose.

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
244 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Mine arrived today. Looks great and was impressed as well with the carrying case. Will play with it this weekend and report back.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Was hoping to get mine today, looks like Fri........
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Again...Cole Gross Ladies and Gentlemen!
Thank you Cole for alerting the Spooky types to this great sale.
Very Classy.
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Got mine today too. It has a bit of aging on the exterior (a good thing) and looks well made. The ringer is the clapper against the bells (also good) rather than an electronic ring. The video is well done and thorough with a few language issues, but nothing you can't figure out. The remote is a small black box about the size of a matchbox. The good news is the button is raised so you could put this in a sock or strap in to your knee and move your legs together to press it with a little practice. If you order this you will need 3 23a batteries as they don't come with it because it is shipped from overseas.

My only complaint is you have to take it apart to turn it off or on. A reed switch and a magnet would have been easier. And I am not sure yet of the limitations of setting the bell but it looks like you have to wind it up and turn it on then assemble it and have it ready to go so there is some get ready.

Comes in a really nice case with form fitting foam to store it. You would not be disappointed in the packaging or quality of the clock if you paid full price.

I need batteries so I have not tested it yet, but otherwise everything looks solid and practical.

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thanks to Bruce I had correct batteries ready.
This Alarm Clock alarms loud and hard.
If put on a smooth surface it will skitter across it...spooky.

It seems to be keeping the correct time even while looking nicely aged.

The packaging is almost over-kill and far too nice but appreciated.

This temporary sale price is almost like stealing it.

Do know this is not a subtle spirit bell...this is a spiritual shock event like a joy buzzer.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well recieved my GC today, sadly the dvd will not play onany of my pc's, mac c or my reg home dvd players.......was hoping to figure out how to put batteries in & play with it......

Love the carry case & the clock looks pretty cool too, now if I can get a vid with instructions to use it......lol
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2014, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Well recieved my GC today, sadly the dvd will not play onany of my pc's, mac c or my reg home dvd players.......was hoping to figure out how to put batteries in & play with it......

Love the carry case & the clock looks pretty cool too, now if I can get a vid with instructions to use it......lol

The DVD has an mpg on it. If you cannot run it you can convert it to a different format using various free utilities. Let me know if you need help.

Bruce

Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thanks bruce. I was trying to access disc but couldn't even get it to load to open info on disc.....I am getting used to my new windows 8 but my mac is still my main back up & disk wouldn't even load to see if there was file like an mpg file to open & play. It shows as a blank disc....lol

I work with audio creating SFX for Halloween haunts,props & video, so pretty computer literate....lol - looks like I got a bad disc, hoping not the same with my GC.

Just excited to play with it.....:-(

I emailed HP them yo see if they would just send me the mpg file as a download ao I can covert & burn a dvd.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Thanks bruce. I was trying to access disc but couldn't even get it to load to open info on disc.....I am getting used to my new windows 8 but my mac is still my main back up & disk wouldn't even load to see if there was file like an mpg file to open & play. It shows as a blank disc....lol

I work with audio creating SFX for Halloween haunts,props & video, so pretty computer literate....lol - looks like I got a bad disc, hoping not the same with my GC.

Just excited to play with it.....:-(

I emailed HP them yo see if they would just send me the mpg file as a download ao I can covert & burn a dvd.

Hello Merlin,

I wasn't in the store today but I hope someone got back to you. If not, please PM me your email or phone number and I would be happy to help you through it so you can use it this weekend and I would be glad to send you the file on Tuesday when I am back at work.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5124 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
As a last ditch effort, if you have a newer Xbox or Playstation in the house, they both are more liberal with the formats that they'll play.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Again thank you bruce for your help & thank you Cole for responding, no one yet from HP but its early & a 3 day weekend ( except for me-lol ) so figured I hear back tues. I'll pm you Cole.

& for the record I know HP didn't make this as its pre packaged just re sells so no bad vibes on my end to HP & appreciate Cole checking in on this to help me Smile

The bell does have a nice old / aged look, this can fit in with some other rourines like RS.....
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Looks like HP is all over it, but if you need me to email the file let me know.

Bruce

Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thanx Wiz, no xbox or PS, but I rolled disc thru my newest pc I bought 2 weeks ago all the top upgrades & looks like disc never had any data burned on it, it happens.....not the 1st time I've experienced this......lol

Thank you bruce
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
A public Thank You to Cole for going over & beyond with customer service from Hocus Pocus ! Smile
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
244 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Got mine working today & love it. A few notes:

1) If you're having trouble opening the DVD on a PC, download a free shareware video player called 'VLC Media Player." It will play it just fine.

2) DO NOT wind the clock winder until it stops! It may very likely not unwind & the clock will not run. The video mentions this unfortunately at the very end, after over zealous people like myself have already done it. Fortunately, with a little jiggling it will start to unwind and the clock ticks away and keeps very good time.

3) the narrator also mentions ( a little too late again ) that if the alarm ringer doesn't work (don't freak out like I did & start calculating the return postage!) but merely adjust the alarm set knob to the approximate time you have set on the clock with the time set knob - ala "Baby Ben" clocks of days gone by.

4) Pay attention not only to the ubiquitous "remove batteries when device will not be used for some time" but more importantly always TURN OFF THE INTERNAL ON OFF switch except before a performance, otherwise the internal batteries will drain in just hours.

Well, that's all I've got for the moment.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thank you Bruce for helping out with the vid file, got it & was able to watch it, Yaaaa. I re ran my dvd thru a format data "checker" & it's blank..LoL

& to drstevemagic I did make sure to heed your warnings & watched the whole vid Smile Good tip reminders !

Thanx everyone & thank you to Cole & HP for getting back to me to help in any way possible, A++ to HP's customer service !!
& happy with my Ghostly alarm clock too Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
"Seems" HP's lowest shipping option is to use UPS at $26 to Canada with fees totaled $67. Ouch!

USPS was the second lowest HP shipping option at $41. It would have been less expensive picking that so buyer beware.

UPS international is a major rip off and not an option for Canadians.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1432 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well after a few snafu's, clocks working great & keeping time quite well I might add !
For a real repro antique early 1900's clock that does keep time & modified to be a prop as well, I'm happy with it.

Very happy with HP's customer service attention, I will say that for this discounincorporatewith shipping worth it, for reg price I'm not sure if I would have.......guess test of time will tell how this holds up. For now I will be working on ways to use this with other effects & how I incorporate it.

Again thank you for help & thank you to HP for the special pricing & after service Smile
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
My order arrived and is worth every cent. Total with S&H came in under $150 and it got here a day early. Hocus Pocus did a great job on this prop.

Have a couple of ideas for it right off the bat I think will show it off to its fullest.

If you have not ordered yet, please wait until the regular price is back. It is too nice a prop for general distribution.

Off now to enjoy the DVD and getting started.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ghostly Alarm Clock - 70% OFF (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL