The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cock and Duck Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chimera
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Chimera
Does anyone have any routine suggestions for the Cock and Duck trick? You have seen Dc perform this on his Bermuda Triangle special.

Thanks,
Chimera
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
From the music background perspective, I always thought that the song "Poetry in Motion" would play at least as well if not better than the song that was used ("What A Wonderful World It Would Be").

I saw a play on the words ("Poultry in Motion"), and some of the lyrics fit in with the effect ("I love every movement, there's nothing I would change, she doesn't need improvement, she's much too nice to rearrange").

See this link for the lyrics:

Click here

Knowing all the thought that goes into David's routining, I can't help but believe that this was considered, but decided against for some reason.

I also equated this with the effect contributed to Egyptian magician Dedi, yet taking it a step beyond. Perhaps a historical presentation could be weaved around it.

Having said all that, I don't think it is in your best interest to copy the routine that David performed.

It was a great effect, and I always chuckle when I think about the boldness of it!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Actually, the basic effect is old. I have a book by Bev Bergeron on the old traveling "Willard" show. He toured all over the south in the USA.

When I first saw that trick in there, I could never imagine anyone would do it. I assumed that it was from a bygone era...the whole decapitating idea. anyway, when I saw DC do it I was quite surprised.
quack
Chimera
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Chimera
Thanks for the help.

Is it me or is this effect really limited presentation wise?

Also does anyone have a more modern song that will go with this effect?
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Frankly, for my act I would not touch this with a ten foot pole and I have the ducks. Copperfield is a guy who has the stage setting, charizma, humor and ability to pull this off. For most of us, it just is not practical...having to have both a duck and a chicken on stage. On top of that, let me just say, a chicken and a duck who happen to be wearing costumes. Then there is the whole issue of "cruelty." Done properly there is not cruelty, but it looks like you pulled their heads off so that is not cool at a kids performance unless you are DC.

If I were you and had a chicken and or a duck, I would just produce or vanish the animal, or both, and bag the further complications. No idea for music really: perhaps Talk to the Animals.
quack
Chimera
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Chimera
Well I understand what you are saying and value your coments.

But having a mulit million production and exotic animals. I really don't see the problem.

I own the prop so I'm going to use it. Just trying to get sugestions.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Obviously, from what you say here, the prop could work for you. I did not realize you had such a large production. My comments were geared to the average magician who performs around and about not to a pro with a multimillion dollar production. I see by a search engine that there is a circus of the same name as the name you are posting with...is that your production?

quack
Chimera
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Chimera
No that is not my production. Very interesting though. I did not know the old tent circus is still around.

The name is just what you call a screen name. I got it from a movie. I can’t remember which one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cock and Duck Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL