The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I got a very exciting invite. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
If any of my friends on here are in the Dc area on Sept. 17th, I was invited to Mc an event at the Us Capital in front of our Senators and Us Representatives, on the importance of affordable preschool education in our country. If you're in the area, come on out, and let's do lunch afterwards.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
It's very exciting...I'm happy for you....What are you intending to wear????...LOL
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

T-shirt and shorts, Howie, what else?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Eric; I would suggest you focus on the importance of senate funding for magicians to subsidize affordable children's birthday parties in our country; you represent us as a Magician's lobbyist.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Haha, and any extra funds could go towards us all having our own party bus, with our logo on it
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Exactly, business purposes; I actually take a tax deduction and vehicle deprecation for driving the bus around town.

In California buses are regulated by the California Highway Patrol and my bus is registered as the "HOWIE DIDDOT MAGIC BUS"

charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Congratulations Zucchini! Wish I could be there. Well deserved.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8689 Posts

Profile of harris
Congrats.

I know you will represent the importance of this issue.

Harris
who has been in middle school these last 15 years........
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Thanks Charlie and Harris, I appreciate it, fellas
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Eric - Numbers, figures and studies that show the importance of child development through exposure to the arts, is your subject matter for the day.

I've heard about studies that correlate how much better students perform in math classes if they've been exposed to music appreciation. Quote a few of those.

The appearance may be be about finding published studies that quantify improvements in critical thinking and learning - because students are exposed to the arts -all arts.

I just appeared as an Expert Witness in a hearing (I offered Expert opinions). To be accepted as an expert I had to show academic knowledge and achievement in the form of teaching, publishing and training of others in the subject I was speaking on. (Magic related).

Eric, you have that under your belt but I would still ask a thousand questions about what content they are in need of.
You may also need to provide a resume or a CV and provide 50 copies in advance. Pictures of laughing kids won't impress them as much as how much money spent today will contribute to the success of the kids later. (Cost-benefit analysis given by a man who has practical experience and direct knowledge).

Again, I don't know exactly what they need you for but I know that you will ask the right questions and prepare accordingly.

Good for you.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Or maybe not
If they just want you to MC only. Are you inviting any children from a local school to be in the audience?

I really have no idea what you're doing, just throwing up, ideas.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Hey Jay, great letter. Thanks, man. I'm having a conference call next week with some people, but I'm not supposed to be Barbara Walters on stage, or Anderson Cooper, asking questions, etc. 100's of preschoolers will be there, and the thinking behind asking me to Mc, is that now the kids won't be tugging on their mom's leg to leave. For instance right after a senator talks, then I do a couple antics on stage, before introducing the next person.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Lol

You HAVE to get that on film.

I was hired once for a wine and cheese party in Laguna Beach. What they didn't tell me was that I would do a trick then be rudely interrupted by a blow hard and his lesson on wine.

I can only imagine the reactions of the kids to the senators! (But I am in no way calling them blow hards).
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Eric, if you have the time, tell the President I said "Hi."

I still can't believe it Eric. Popular as you are, I had pleasure to meet you in person. Please don't forget about me.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Congratulations Eric!

I know you will be a big hit and I hope you can put some video of the event on your website.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

I have to assume I will get some clips to put up, at least I hope. I might use the crying baby. I'm having a ball with it. Thanks Mike and Dynamike. Jay, that's hysterical, brother.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I got a very exciting invite. (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL