We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dim Erotic Sin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2982 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
It's funny how some effects grab you immediately while others take a while to unfold their charms. A bit like pop songs I guess. And like pop songs, quite often the ones that grab you immediately loses their lustre rather quickly, while the slow burners begin to possess your thoughts. So it is with me and Dim Erotic Sim.

I've just rewatched Ian Rowland performing and teaching it on his Penguin lecture, and the more I watch it the more I admire it. Within the workings of this effect are some absolutely brilliant subtleties and ideas that could be applied to any number of parlour or stage mentalism presentations. There are, in particular, two ideas that I think are absolutely superb contributions to PS work, both of which are begging to be expanded and explored in other effects.

Ian Rowland has long been one of my mentalism heroes. This is up there with some of his best work. If you don't know it, you should check it out.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Loved his lecture and particularly this routine.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
One of the best penguin lectures IMO. Particularly enjoyed the thirty second pre show advice.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Martin,

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out.

Best wishes,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
875 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Thank you, Martin. I appreciate your support and your kind words. I try hard not to publish waste-of-time junk, and only to share ideas that will actually be useful to you and others in this wonderful and strange community of mind-readers. Of course I can't please all the people, all the time. Nobody can. But it's nice when someone, like you, takes the time to mention something they like, and I'm pleased that you liked the thinking behind Dim Erotic Sin.

By the way, at the end of your post, you call it Dim Erotic Sim. It doesn't matter, but it does spoil the point of the name (for those who don't know: it's an anagram of Misdirection).
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2982 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
This is why I love Ian Rowland. I lavish praise on one of his effects and he castigates me for a typo! Smile

Great effect, though.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11556 Posts

Profile of John C
He plays nice classical guitar as well!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
875 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
"I lavish praise on one of his effects and he castigates me for a typo!"

You say 'castigates me for...'
I say 'helpfully points out...'

As with so much in mentalism, it all comes down to interpretation!
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dim Erotic Sin (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL