We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to fit playing cards into a wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
The College of Winterhold
103 Posts

Profile of Ben Seatreader
How would one go about concealing a playing card in the credit card compartment of a standard folded wallet? The problem I am faced with is the edge of the card poking up, making it visible to nearby spectators. The material is not quite high up enough to cover it. Were I only holding one potential prediction, I could simply slot it into the bill section. Therein, lies the problem...
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1617 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Bridge sized playing cards? Put an actual credit card in front of it?
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18031 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just write the name of the card on the back of a business card...
NEW - ECCE LOQUOR - how to read anything
http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/ecce-loquor/paperback/product-24204371.html

BIG SALE ON...no code needed...
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
Fold it.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
A standard sized playing card should fit just perfectly in the standard credit card compartment
I shall see you on the other side.
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Of course! I can't believe how dense I've been. Great suggestions all of them. I think folding them would make for a good reveal (thanks Harry).
@Ever Elizalde - You would think so wouldn't you? I had thought it was just my wallet, but after inserting the Jack of Spades into several wallets at the market I was stuck with the same problem. Maybe it's a UK thing?
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Yeah maybe is a country thing, here (Mexico) playing cards fit perfectly well in any wallet.
But if that were not the case, I would do what Harry said, fold the card.
Or even write it on the back of a bussiness card as IAIN said. A bit less visual, but a whole lote more practical, mentalist, AND you get to give your bussiness card.
I shall see you on the other side.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of rasp
A mini deck is perfect, especially if used with an Heirloom type wallet.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5103 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, rasp wrote:
A mini deck is perfect, especially if used with an Heirloom type wallet.

I don't think that using a mini playing card is a good route to make predictions on a wallet.
In a prediction, the premise is based in the idea that you have 1 card in your wallet, why do you need to "save space" if you only have 1 card?

A simple solution is use other wallet that can fit a card.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1347 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do, but (for example) the standard version of Kolossal Killer, in a standard billfold wallet, works perfectly well with the cards next to the paper money rather than in the credit card slots. To me it looks suspicious to have the wallet full of credit cards which could be hiding cards behind them. Having said that, I've used KK with a wallet full of plastic cards and it didn't seem to bother anyone else.

Barry
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11554 Posts

Profile of John C
Your not proving you predicted a physical card. Your prediction is the value and the suit etc.

What Iain said, write it on a business card. If it's a prediction pre-written it.
If it's a demo of influence ask a few questions then write it on the biz card. Kk-have it ready before hand.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

It is indeed intended for KK... Perhaps the business card route may well prove most wise. Folding the card could make it appear as though I have the need to house more than one.
@Barry - how would one go about slotting the required amount of cards between the bills? You could use more bills, but would that not confuse things further, at least in terms of ease of access?
Thanks again,
Ben.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1347 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
The original KK manuscript tells you how to set up a standard wallet. Just use the notes you normally carry as dividers. You only need two as a minimum for the full version.

Barry
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

I had completely forgotten about the natural divider some wallets have in them! This combined with the note dividers detailed in KK will do nicely. Thanks again Smile
Ben.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to fit playing cards into a wallet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL