The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Haunted key (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Does anyone know where I can get detailed information on the working of this. My instructions basically just say tilt your hand downward and lots of trial and error. I would also like to know how to perform it in the spectators hand.
Thanks
Ellisd Smile
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
This would be the key that turns around in the performers hand? Through my understanding the instructions you got with the trick should say it all. I've seen different versions. The most standard however is were you just tilt you hand downward (under the cover of a magical pass) and the key because of the gimmick will tilt over. As for doing in in the spectators hand- just have them have their palm up, place the key in the center, take hold of their rist with your right hand. Motion for them to make a 'magical pass' over their hand, as they do this slowly start to tilt their hand downward. The gimmick if it's the one you have should work with those directions. PM me if you need more help. Smile
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I would suggest purchasing Making Magic Real by Richard Osterlind. Just do a search for Osterlind Mysteries. You can find it there for $10 with payment make via Pay Pal. Not only does it mention a method of performing the haunted key that requires no cover (and no concern about tilting your h***), but provides you with an absolutely terrific point of view for performing all magic. You will find that, for as simple as the Haunted Key may be, it can be performed with a finesse that makes a deep and lasting impression upon your audience. Best of all, it is a download booklet, so there's no wait to speak of. For the price, you can't beat this little gem of a book. Nicholas
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Allmagic.com has a free version that you can download to get you started until you get the other stuff. It is good enough to use as is, if you can't afford to purchase anything right now. Check it out.

Steven
Will Gordon
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
124 Posts

Profile of Will Gordon
The Haunted key is a very nice simple gimmick but, it works best with a good long patter.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
There is a booklet that is sold separately for the Haunted Key. The booklet comes with quite a few performance and patter suggestions. I bought a copy the last time I was in Vancouver for about $7.00 Canadian. I'll take a look when I get home to see who publishes it.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
There really isn't much along the lines of detailed instructions for this. It is basically self working, All you have to do is tilt. After you play around with it for a while you will be able to control it quite easily.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Corey pretty much hit the nail on the head. All you have to do is just play around with it and you will get the knack of it. Once you get used to it, you pretty much control the key almost by just "thinking" it over. Then you know you have a true magical effect on your hands (pun intended). I have a true spooky story that I use when I perform the "Haunted Key". If you just make the key move, it can be kind of boring, so be sure to have a good patter to go with it. If you would like my patter, just PM me. I'd be more than happy to share. Good luck and have fun with this timeless classic.

:cheers:

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Take a look at "the Carlyle Touch", by E Raymond Carlyle. The vid is available from you favorite dealer.
krist0pher
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krist0pher
Like Will Gordon said, it requires a good long patter. I've performed this effect for 10 years, and let me tell you, 99% of the effect is the way you present it.
Kristopher Scofield

Myspace.com/imkrisscofield
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
The Haunted Key book is available for $3.50, the ad says, from The Magic Warehouse http://themagicwarehouse.com/closeup6.html#sb1363 . It may be available elsewhere, too, but that's where I got my copy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Haunted key (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL