The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MagicWebFX review (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2014, DutchFrank wrote:
I'm confused...
What if they visit your website again, let's say a week later..won't they find a different picture as the one they saw before?

It used to be this way but it looks like Marc has updated it so it locks a specific card to a specific device. The only way to change the card photo would be to delete all cookies and history. But there is a chance that Marc has hidden those cookies as well.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
SupaHEEro
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of SupaHEEro
Hi,

On the App Store it says you can use your own photograph in the prediction with a ungraded plan after purchase, I wonder if there is additional cost there and how much?

Thanks, Mike
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There is, you have to talk to Marc about it. It depends what artwork he has to do for you. But it is really affordable - and worth the money anyway. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
SupaHEEro
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of SupaHEEro
Thanks Jan, will drop a message to Marc . Smile
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
One of the BEST apps of all time ... I first thought it was telefoto, then MACAAN, then Mental Killer .. but MagicWebFX is DEFINITELY ONE THE BEST !!!!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
If you say that it means a lot, Steve! But I have to agree Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
All - MagicWebFX is on a huge sale for this Black Friday weekend only, ending Sunday.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,

I just bought this and I am in love. I placed it on my Media section on my website and have demoed it already three times. It is that easy to learn. The price was a deal at twice the price. Thank you and please do not sell this to any big magicians like other developers. This to me is going to be one of the three apps I use most. This is number one right now, handzoff is number 2, and number three goes to PhotoPrediction or Iunlockyourmind.

Awesomeness!!!!

Patrick Wallace Smile
Adeofspades
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Adeofspades
Just purchased this yesterday: excellent app and ingenious use of tech, especially if you use the pebble. I'm glad I got this while it was on sale!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
It's being evolving since last few months when I bought this app. It's getting better and better with every update Marc makes.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I recently purchased MagicWebFX and I'm really enjoying playing around with this app the last few days.

Here's a couple of issues I noticed that I hope can be corrected in a future update:

1.) I registered my account using my personal email address. But this is not the email address that I want advertised on my personal MagicWebFX page. I have different email address that I use for clients and booking gigs. If I try to change my email on the MagicWebFX Settings page located here: magicwebfx.com/u/settings.php?user=[insert username], when I hit Save the change will never take affect. It will always automatically revert back to displaying my personal email that I originally used to register on the website. The only workaround I have found so far is to update this information from the MagicWebFX app itself by going to Settings and going to the Web Configuration screen from there. But if I ever try to update it from the website then it will revert again. Marc, do you know why this happens and would you be able to fix it?

2.) Although you have the option to change the Suit order in the app Settings from SHCD to CHSD, I noticed that this change does not take affect on the Pebble. On the Pebble the suit order always stays SHCD no matter what. It would be nice if the suit order can be updated on the Pebble app as well.

Other than that this is a fantastic app and I look forward to using it once I get the hang of it!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi Phatmeat

I'm glad you're enjoying MagicWebFX.

To address your points:

1) This is because you're not entering your password at the bottom of the settings page.
To prevent others from changing your email address, you must enter your password in the form where it says "Please enter your current password to change your details". You don't need to do this in the app, however, as you're already logged in.

2) A pebble update will be coming soon that will allow for CHSD order as well as a few new features.

Thanks for your kind words about the app, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Hi Marc,

Thanks so much for your reply! I finally figured out what the issue was. It turns out I was using Safari's AutoFill Password feature to input my password so that I didn't have to enter it manually each time. It finally occured to me that the AutoFill feature saves not just the password but the email address as well, so each time I was clicking Save it was changing the email address back to what was previously saved. The issue is fixed now. I just updated AutoFill with the new email. Sorry that didn't occur to be sooner.

I'm glad to hear there's another update on the way. Looking forward to it. Smile

Thanks again for the help Marc, appreciate it!
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
I was planning to buy this app as soon as possible... but I don't have pebble watch.. Can I still perform this effect as strong as everyone that perform this with pebble ? 

Thanks...
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, DigaMag wrote:
I was planning to buy this app as soon as possible... but I don't have pebble watch.. Can I still perform this effect as strong as everyone that perform this with pebble ? 

Thanks...

The answer is yes. The pebble itself doesn't make the effect any different. It's only give you a different method to achieve a same goal. IMO that is.

P.S. But the pebble method is so wicked and make you want to buy one. That's also my opinion Smile
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, DigaMag wrote:

Thanks...

The answer is yes. The pebble itself doesn't make the effect any different. It's only give you a different method to achieve a same goal. IMO that is.

P.S. But the pebble method is so wicked and make you want to buy one. That's also my opinion Smile

Thank you very much for the answer Danieltan... now I'm really sure that I'm gonna buy this app... and yes it seems everyone that wears pebble really liked performing this....
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
You're welcome DigaMag. It's one of the best app 2014. And one of my really happy purchased app of the year Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quick questions:

1. Will this be available on Android?
2. Can this work with an iPhone that doesn't have cellular data? I upgraded my wife's iPhone 5 to 6, but we still have the iPhone 5 around for kids to play games or listen to music. Will this work on the older iphone?
3. Or if I don't have an iPhone, can I just buy a Pebble watch or iWatch and make this work without an iphone?

Thanks.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
In the moment it is only for iOS. You need an iPhone, the Pebble alone doesn't work and you do not need a Pebble, but as an option it is great. I use my Pebble also for that all the time. Cellular data are not necessary, but you need Internet connection, WiFi is fine. Hope that helps. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
The new MagicWebFX Pebble app is now out.

MagicWebFX works perfectly without a Pebble, however the Pebble watch allows you to use the app without pressing a single button or touching any screens.

New features in the Pebble update include:
- Accurate sensing of position in accelerometer mode.
- Ability to automatically open accelerometer/button mode on launch.
- Progress indicators.
- Ability to disguise the app as a watchface.
- Auto quit app after card updated.
- Shake to begin accelerometer sensing.
- SHCD/CHSD suit order.
- Improved button input mode.
- Support when worn on right wrist as well as left.
- More natural when seated - move hand up as well as down to select card.
- Bugfixes.
- And more!

The Pebble app is free for all MagicWebFX users.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MagicWebFX review (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL