The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Mentalism Purchases of 2014 (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Aaron Alexander's Pygmalion Effects
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Neb
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Neb
Colin Mcleod - Opening Minds
Colin McLeod - Penguin Lecture

Principles from both of these have gone straight into my act and are worth 10 times what I paid for the downloads.
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Sapphire Collection is fantastic. Imho no limited ed release will ever change the face of mentalism - for obvious reasons! Keep trying though lol
There is no holy grail!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, Clel-Mentalist wrote:
Sapphire Collection is fantastic. Imho no limited ed release will ever change the face of mentalism - for obvious reasons! Keep trying though lol

Indeed it is. Adding The Sapphire Collection to my list of favorite purchases in 2014.

Richard Osterlind is one of the finest teachers of mentalism I have discovered.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
1) My Inside Out - I changed this in such a way that feels very unique for me and makes it to where I never really know where my performance will take me.

2) Bigger Fish 2 - I love Peter's thinking and principles shared which spurned my own tweaks to effects.

3) Piece of my Mind - While the effects were good what I really enjoyed where the principles. Just like BF 2 this has inspired me.

4) Sixth Sense - I've created my own set with this that at least for me, is different than I've seen anyone else which I'm actually fairly proud of.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Bob Cassidy's Name and Place. I modified it to a dead or alive effect and had great fun with it all afternoon. Love the simplicity of it.
MagisterFreud
View Profile
Regular user
The 18
135 Posts

Profile of MagisterFreud
RedDevil's 777
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Now after mindvention time I'll have to add....

Private eye
Polarity

... Maybe not tricks but I thoroughly enjoyed buying Bob C drinks at mindvention 2014.
J
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
No doubt about it, train tracking by atlas! I love limited editions, and this is a powerful secret to have in one's arsenal.

Mindblowingly,
Charles
Gill
View Profile
New user
leaning on
48 Posts

Profile of Gill
Piece of my mind by Michael Murray.
I had previously bought Between the lines and really loved Michael's approach to close-up mental effects. I highly anticipated his book release, and, surely, it did not disappoint! Piece of my mind is a powerhouse of excellent thinking and beautiful principles (i.e Springboard). I would have bought some other books too this year, if it wasn't for that I'm too slow to sign up for limited ed. books such as Bigger fish 2 (which would have been my other book purchase this year.)
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have already mentioned a few stand out purchases this year, but to these there are just two more I would like to add. Both I have used a lot and have become some of my trusty favourites.

The Picture Postcard set by Paralabs. These have been out some time but they are something I purchased a few months ago and I now have them with me all the time. To be honest, they are just a bunch of postcards, nothing faked and nothing to discover, but they are the stuff of miracles.

Quinta by Phill Smiff. Once you know the theory you can use and adapt it to fit in with the type of effects you are comfortable with. There have been some major publications this year but for me Quinta was a real eye-opener as well as giving me a principle I can use in so many ways and conditions.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Thanks Neil. I haven't bought much this year but I've been in a position to read some brilliant material, probably my top two are:

Train Tracking - Atlas is a genius and even though I still haven't fully assimilated it TT is next-level stuff, it's inspiring.
Bairn - just a very deep, real, funny book full of material that has been worked for years.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Train Tracking, without doubt has added a great deal to my performance of mentalism. Kudos and thanks to Atlas...

A Piece of My Mind, for the principles alone, required reading.

Fundamentals 2, by Bob Cassidy. This stays on my night table.

ParaNormal wallet, a recent purchase, but outstanding.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Fundamentals 2 by Bob Cassidy: Amazing book, very inspiring.
Complete Jinx PDF: So.... much.... content... Also, the history part is so cool.
Making Mindreading Look Real by Luke Jermay: I love his thinking and some of the little things he presents are great.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Bairn - Ken Dyne
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Cassidy artillery mentalism vol 2
Colin mcleod's divine
Iunlock your mind
Thought association card

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Simon- I know that must have been a smart phone glitch, but I love that title "Artillery mentalism." I think I'll us it.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Ha! Glitch or not, I think it's better. I'll change the cover with crayon and take my ten percent on future editions.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, mastermindreader wrote: I think I'll us it.

LOL. I SO hope that was done on purpose Bob!

Best,

Atlas
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Just a few days left in the year 2014...

so here are my personal favorites in random order:

357 - Tom Lauten.
Penguin Lecture Looch.
Penguin Lecture Mark Elsdon.
Parapad 3x5 - Paralabs

Just recently got the Parapad in my arsenal and haven't even played around with it for that long, but this was on my wishlist for a long time, happy as a little kid Smile .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Mentalism Purchases of 2014 (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL