The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ion Portable Speakers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am surprised no one brought up Ion portable speakers lately. I was at a gig yesterday and noticed the host had one for music. I asked her how long the battery power last. She told me about 50 hours. It played great sound. I looked it up when I got home.

I love the life of their batteries, 50 - 75 hours from being fully recharged. The are many features to the portable speakers. Check them out: http://www.ionaudio.com/products/speakers

Are there any disadvantage using Ion's?
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I have one that I bought from Costco on Thanksgiving day. It was $50 off. I was surprsise as how long the battery last and how good the sound was. It's also a Bluetooth device, radio and has input for microphone too. You can't beat that price!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Mine will be arriving soon.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
So which one Magic Mike?
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Thanks for bringing these to our attention. Here is an overview http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GV7Fpcw3bCA
Dynamike, let us know what you think after using it. Thanks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will. I just received it today.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
They're ok for small parties. What really lets them down is the mic preamp is pretty poor quality, which in turn means vocals aren't great thru it. I wish companies would spend a bit more on the mic channels on these systems. Just a XLR input and a better preamp would make all the difference and make these a viable bit of kit. I'll stick with my Bose L1 Compact thanks.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Te same one is selling for $150 in Costco. If you wait until Thanksgiving, you might see a $50 discount. That what I bought last year.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, knmagic wrote:
Te same one is selling for $150 in Costco. If you wait until Thanksgiving, you might see a $50 discount. That what I bought last year.

Same price at BJs. So, Dynamike, how is the Ion doing?
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Costco has it on sale $50 off again this Black Friday if anyone interest
http://www.costco.com/black-friday.html
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, wwhokie1 wrote:

Same price at BJs. So, Dynamike, how is the Ion doing?

They are not made for generating loud music. It does not fit a gym. It is good outside only if you have a population not far away. It can not deal with a noisy crowd. It is really built for home entertainment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ion Portable Speakers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL