We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Karl Fulves Mental Addicts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1519 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
I was just wondering how many Karl Fulves mentaland magic addicts are out there besides myself?

While I know some of you think the material published in his books is not good mentalism or even good mental magic or even good general magic because it does not cost a lot or that you think for some reason the effect is weak. However I would disagree that while some of it is not to my personal taste I still find much of it interesting and rather enjoyable to perform. This is mainly due in part that a lot of times when I perform stuff from his books the impact upon the audience is far stronger than I originally thought it would have been since the effect or effects were so simple and often self-working.

The item shown below should give you an idea of how much of a addict I am of the works published by Karl Fulves and his many contributors.

I crafted following item for one of my my personal close up shows and it is based on the effect The Two Guns by Robert Neale that was published in Karl Fulves Self Working Number Magic in 1983. Instead of making the item out of paper I made it out of wood and added a couple of extra touches.

In my version besides from the obvious that it is made out of wood that was engraved the effect has a second out in addition to the out published in the effect. It also has two sheriff badges, two different guns types that may be selected for use with the effect. Although only two of these items will be used at during a performance. This allowed me to change part of the overall look and feel of the effect. Example one person is palys the role of the sheriff and the other a pistol carrying train robber.

It also has a group of black x's that can be used to mark out certain tiles after the choice of movements have been made. What these additional items allow you to do is repeat with a different out and allow the me as the performer to have the participants taking part in the effect either remove a whole tile or cross out a given tile by placing one of the black x's upon a given tile. These additional choices allow for the overall effect to be repeated on the same day without it looking obvious that its the exact same effect with the same outcome.

Here is a few photos of the version of Robert Neale The Two Guns that I made from the above mentioned work by Karl Fulves. This should petty much clear up the unmistakable fact that I am beyond a shadow of a doubt a die hard Karl Fulves addict. This is not the only Karl Fulves published effect that I remade in wood. Its just the one with the most pieces so far as I have my eye on another gem from the Karl Fulves books.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120......a5a3.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120......4718.jpg

Here is a view of the effect partially packed up before it goes into the packing case so you can see it does not take up a lot of room.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120......e3ca.jpg

What even more scary is I can do a full close up act using only effects that were published in his books and that show design is only from two of his the self working books.

So I was wondering if any of you use his stuff as well?

Bill Montana
Rogerbest
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Rogerbest
If I had enough money I would take the train to New Jersey to meet with Karl Fulves and I would buy one of each book available in his house.

Now...one trick I used to do often is "HE HAS FOLLOWERS' from Karl Fulves book "COMMAND COLORS". A great trick, I believe.
Magic Café members...please...if you have any books from Karl Fulves for sale ( reasonable price) let me know.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
There are a dozen in this listing alone.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=78
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2455 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
You could make a living only with stuff from Self Working Mental Magic.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Rogerbest
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Rogerbest
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:
There are a dozen in this listing alone.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=78

They only ship in USA.
Too bad for him.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1345 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I have a most of his Dover books and they all have some mentalism in them. A few of the effects are breathtakingly clever. There are gems in SW Paper Magic in particular. It's not just the SW series; also take a look at "Easy Magic" and "Big Book of Magic Tricks".

He also has his own Lesson in Tarbell vol.2.

Barry
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I've been looking for a copy of combo and combo II for a long time,

Anyone out there with a copy?

There are some great effects in his number magic book.

Thanks,

Sea
I love post its Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Karl Fulves Mental Addicts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL