The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Spellbound :D (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yuxuhoang
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of yuxuhoang
After a long time practice Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLsO2MNjcNc
Butchyboy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Butchyboy
That was sooooo smooth
Ryan_McSwain
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Ryan_McSwain
I love this seeing spellbound done so gracefully.

There were a couple of spots, especially the last change, that went by so quickly I had trouble seeing that the coin had changed. That may have been due to the straight-on angle.
Invisticone
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Invisticone
Very nice! I've just started on this one... Might I ask aproximately how long "a long time" was?
Eric Caldwell
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
156 Posts

Profile of Eric Caldwell
Your performance is technically proficient. On a routine of this caliber I would consider that the hard part. The changes could stand to be punctuated a little more. we weren't really given time to appreciate that the coin had changed before you were moving on.
SandwichMan
View Profile
New user
China
77 Posts

Profile of SandwichMan
I really liked the routine. I have been practicing this particular routine for about two to three years and do not have it down as smooth as you yet, so great job!!!
Music is meaningless if it cannot be FELT be cannot it if meaningless is magic.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Enjoyed it, nicely done Smile Smile Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2976 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Technically proficient, yes. Personally, I think spellbound routines should not go on too long, because you could run the risk of the audience coming to conclusion that you are cleverly concealing a coin. There's a lot of good moves that could thrown into a Spellbound routine and it's tempting to use many, but I think kepeing it short makes more magical and mysterious.
I j
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2976 Posts

Profile of fonda57
And what's great about having all the different moves for Spellbound is you can do it differently should someone want to see it again.
I j
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Very nice! None of that spare time went to waste Smile Awesome stuff!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7027 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very nicly done.
One of my favorite coin effects.
Todd
ddamen
View Profile
Regular user
Bay Area
139 Posts

Profile of ddamen
That was good, very very good. Obviously if slowed it down, they could appreciate the impact a little more

But at the same time, considering the mechanics behind this effect, I'm almost more impressed by how quickly you ran through it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Spellbound :D (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL