The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » And in Other News, Teen Doesn't Get Killed by Police... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4923 Posts

Profile of landmark
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Blatant sexism. It always goes easier for the girl.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Here ya go, though: An unarmed, mentally ill white guy who was killed by cops who got away with it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Wonder what would have happened if she was black?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Here's a story about a white guy wandering around on the street in his pajamas yelling at people, waving a gun around and telling police to shoot him.

What do you think happened?

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/05/gun_nuts......_zealot/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Wonder what would have happened if she was black?


Probably the same thing, since the overwhelming majority of unarmed criminal suspects of any color are arrested.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, balducci wrote:
Here's a story about a white guy wandering around on the street in his pajamas yelling at people, waving a gun around and telling police to shoot him.

What do you think happened?

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/05/gun_nuts......_zealot/


Here's a story about three black guys who committed a robbery and shot at police.

What do you think happened?

Spoiler alert: They were arrested, and they're alive.

Could we do this stupid stuff on a day when there's no football on TV?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Lobo, do you have links to those stories you are recounting?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Wonder what would have happened if she was black?


Isn't it time we stop with this nonsense?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16031 Posts

Profile of tommy
Wonder what would have happened if she was Bob?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Wonder what would have happened if she was black?


Isn't it time we stop with this nonsense?


If only it was nonsense. You know darn well that if the perpetrator is black, the possibility of him/her being shot is MUCH higher than it is for whites, just as blacks receive significantly longer prison sentences than whites for committing the exact same crimes.

It's not nonsense- just a sad fact of life in the United States.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If we're talking probabilities, the possibility of an unarmed civilian being shot in a confrontation with the police is extremely low, regardless of race. And a random African American is much more likely to be shot by another African American than by a Caucasian, let alone a Caucasian cop.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That skirts all of my points very neatly. The question isn't whether an African American is more likely to be shot by another African American than a Caucasian. The question is whether an African American is more likely to be shot by cops than an a Caucasian would be in the same circumstances.

There ARE stats on that which are easily searchable.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Wonder what would have happened if she was black?


Isn't it time we stop with this nonsense?


If only it was nonsense. You know darn well that if the perpetrator is black, the possibility of him/her being shot is MUCH higher than it is for whites, just as blacks receive significantly longer prison sentences than whites for committing the exact same crimes.

It's not nonsense- just a sad fact of life in the United States.


No. I don't "know darn well." And, I do know it is nonsense and not a fact of life in the United States in 2014.

Please stop with this white guilt bovine feces.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Please take off your right-wing ideological blindfold and read the daily papers rather than listening to FOX.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Louis CK on being white:
:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0


Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Excellent- and true.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
That skirts all of my points very neatly. The question isn't whether an African American is more likely to be shot by another African American than a Caucasian. The question is whether an African American is more likely to be shot by cops than an a Caucasian would be in the same circumstances.

There ARE stats on that which are easily searchable.



It doesn't skirt your point; it makes a more relevant point. How big a problem something is is more dependent on how likely it is to happen; not how that likelihood compares with the likelihood of the same thing happening to another group. If everyone in the country has a 10% chance of getting murdered! that's a big problem. If every back person has a 1 in a million chance of getting murdered while white people have a 1 in 5 million chance, that's nut a huge problem for black people, even though it's five times more like
Y to happen to them than to a white person.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27097 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
That skirts all of my points very neatly. ...


The challenge is to make ones points without showing off ones skirt, slip or prejudices.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » And in Other News, Teen Doesn't Get Killed by Police... (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL