The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..28..37..46..55..64..65~66~67 [Next]
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2015, Cliffg37 wrote:
Loved his cameo in the Ben Aflack Daredevil film. I thought he was really acting there, at least facially.

In addition to what you said about actual acting, it was also in the 2nd of the Fantastic Four movies when Reed and Sue got married, and at the wedding, Stan Lee is trying to attend but is blocked by security guards, so he insists indignantly,"No, I AM Stan Lee! I REALLY am Stan Lee!" His emotional indignation was quite well done.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2727 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK, I just watched "The Flash of Two Worlds" episode. I LOVED the ending where both Flashes run around a wall to help the fallen officer. It was a direct reference to Golden Age Flash's first appearance in the Silver Age world;

http://comixsecrethq.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Netflix has been releasing a bunch of teasers of their next Marvel superhero series, Jessica Jones.

Here's a clip that has all the teasers in order and is pretty fun to watch and gives very little away.

Jessica Jones is played by Krysten Ritter who also played Jesse's druggie girlfriend in Breaking Bad who ended up suffocating in her own vomit while Walter stood by and did nothing. It sounds like Jessica Jones is probably going to be the darkest and grittiest Marvel super hero project to date.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Daredevil had some grit to it. I look forward to this. Should be interesting. I don't mind the grit. I liked daredevil.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Full trailer finally. Looks so awesome.

Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
OK, I just watched "The Flash of Two Worlds" episode. I LOVED the ending where both Flashes run around a wall to help the fallen officer. It was a direct reference to Golden Age Flash's first appearance in the Silver Age world;

http://comixsecrethq.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html

Nice observation,Ed. Along those lines, I remember some time ago when DC was even selling a Diorama-merchandise depicting that Silver-Age scene.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Ant Man has done OK.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ant-Man-H......507.html

"Marvel is clearly pleased with how the movie performed, as they announced several weeks ago that a sequel is on the way for 2018. Titled Ant-Man and the Wasp, it will feature Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang teaming up in the field with Evangeline Lilly’s Hope van Dyne, who has finally inherited her mother’s legacy and become The Wasp."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually enjoyed Ant Man.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2727 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
So, no observations here on "Supergirl?" I had to work, but the family recorded it so I'll be watching it tomorrow.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I recorded it but am reluctant to watch.

I have never been a big fan of duplicate superheroes like that. Not on TV but comics in general. Aqua Lad and Red Arrow bother me just as much. Even Robin became Nightwing and is a legitimate superhero in his own right.

I am not saying it should bother anyone else, just how I have always thought of it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2727 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I wonder if they'll bring in Power Girl. (Unless they've ret-conned it beyond recognition, "Power Girl" is an alternate universe Supergirl who decided NOT to name herself after her cousin. There was a period where the two would react violently if they got within five feet of each other. When the mood passed, say when one punched the other far enough away, they would come out of it and have no idea what happened.)
Ain't life unkind?"
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Sounds more like PMS Girl.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Re Supergirl....

(Warning: Minor Spoiler)

I did not enjoy watching a physically powerful brute of a man beating up on a girl. Melissa is 27 years old, she is playing 24, and she looks like a late teen. This is probably done on purpose. Watching a man beating a girl is not fun for me and probably not for most men. Even though we know the girl will eventually win, that was hard to watch.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Here is proof that we are a Marvel family through and through.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2727 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, I enjoyed the show. I hope it works. I didn't care for the S.H.I.E.L.D. clone or its leader. The sister got on my nerves, but I guess I can understand when flying/super strength comes into your world.
Ain't life unkind?"
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quite a surprise to see DC's Red Tornado on the TV-series, because I've always considered Red Tornado as one of their much lesser-known heroes. Back in the day, Red Tornado and Marvel's android the Vision were seen as copycats of each other. Maybe that's why there later came an "after-the-fact" story that added that Red Tornado's life essence is actually that of an Extraterrestrial who had taken over the robotic body. Did NOT like the revamped version at that time, but have slowly begun to accept it. But for the TV series they seem to be using the regular robotic version instead of the Extraterrestrial one.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have just started watching Jessica Jones. I have to so Danid Tennent will keep me watching it. I really like him.

The superhero sex in the first few episodes is stange but whatever. I am looking it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Marvel's Doctor Strange movie due out on November 4th:
http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/doctor-strange-2016#/slide/1
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5266 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Strange was one of my all time favorite Marvel characters to geek over growing up. I have such high hopes for this film, but I'm keeping my expectations low...why? Because out of all of comic book's heroes Dr. Strange required the most imagination. No matter how well-drawn his magical travels were depicted, the readers' minds filled in the blanks, and those blanks can never really be filled. The best we can hope for is a singular well-produced definition of an infinitely undefined universe. That is...one person's vision of the unimaginable. And, if done correctly, that could be very cool.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4936 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy

I like these guys (and gals) takes on most movie stuff. There is a good bit of Marvel Talk in this recent two part roundtable. Cinefix is one of my "go-to's" for movie stuff.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..28..37..46..55..64..65~66~67 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL