The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..18..33..48..63..74~75~76
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2022, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
In the mean time - Superman meets Black Adam? Smile
And season 2 of The Sandman is in the works Smile

Yea Sups and Adam seems just so boring to me. You are doubling down on the eternal problem with Supy. You now have two essentially indestructible characters that can’t really be in peril and it just becomes eternal violence. Nobody can write a compelling story for this. Stan Lee himself spoke of this conundrum with the Hulk.

Many compelling stories have been written about them in different mediums.

It isn't always about their destruction, it is also about the ones they care about. Especially with Supes.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not really. It is difficult to put them in any danger or anyone they care about. Omnipotent is a heck of a super power.

Name a compelling Superman movie for me. Or for that matter one that didn’t involve violence as a solution for the ending.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Actor Henry Cavill as the new Wolverine:
https://bamsmackpow.com/2022/11/22/x-men......-fanart/
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
383 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Speaking of wolverine, Reynolds announced a few weeks ago that they're getting
hugh jackman back as wolverine for deadpool 3.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7504 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Several new trailers released today at Brazil Comic Con (CCXP)...

Including "Guardians of Galaxy Vol 3":

And "The Legacy of Ant-Man" (promotion for "Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania"):

- Donald

P.S. A couple of other trailers I saw online today were for "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" and "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts".

P.P.S. Did anyone catch that Mark Hamill made an un-credited cameo in "The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special"? I didn't catch it while watching it the first time, but found out about it while watching a YouTube video talking about Easter Eggs in the Holiday Special. Supposedly as a nod at the (infamous) Star Wars Holiday Special.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4999 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
What's not to love? Thanks for sharing Donald Dunphy.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2824 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2022, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Several new trailers released today at Brazil Comic Con (CCXP)...

And "The Legacy of Ant-Man" (promotion for "Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania"):

- Donald

P.S. A couple of other trailers I saw online today were for "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" and "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts".

P.P.S. Did anyone catch that Mark Hamill made an un-credited cameo in "The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special"? I didn't catch it while watching it the first time, but found out about it while watching a YouTube video talking about Easter Eggs in the Holiday Special. Supposedly as a nod at the (infamous) Star Wars Holiday Special.

"Legacy of the Ant Man" Let me say something to you. Another lifetime ago, I spent a year in the Mighty Marvel Mailroom. A great time, marred by two problems which I won't go into, one of the jobs they gave me was to take a package to ABC-TV. I come out with this largeish package, go to the elevator, and out of the elevator comes Stan Lee, with several of what I have to assume were ABC-TV execs. He looks at me in my jeans and black "MARVEL" t-shirt and says; "Hey. I like that shirt."

I go to ABC, they give me a pass and I'm taken to a board room where I set up the props for a proposed "Ant Man" television series. (You didn't miss it. It was never picked up.) As I finish up and am heading out, Stan walks into the board room with the same guys from the Marvel elevator, looks at me and says; "Hey! I like that shirt." (Gee. I guess I made a serious impression on you about thirty minutes ago!)

(If I told this story on this thread already, I apologize for repeating myself.)
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7504 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here are a couple more trailers, that came out a month or two ago. I didn't see them posted yet.

"Secret Invasion" Disney+ Series - Trailer Released September 10, 2022 - The Series still has a release date of "Early 2023".

"Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania" Movie - Trailer Released October 24, 2022 - The Movie has a release date of "February 17, 2023".

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..18..33..48..63..74~75~76
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL