The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42..47..51..55..59..62~63~64 [Next]
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
The Zatanna story that you refer to was the ending to a very long quest to find her missing father. The way it was presented was very unusual for that time because she made many unexpected appearances in different magazines from The Atom to Green Lantern. The novelty was that in her Continuing-Quest, you would never know in which magazines she would suddenly appear.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Tonight I will see the justice league movie. I have been waiting for this film to be made since 1977. (no lie) After the first Superman film came out, and touted, "You will believe a man can fly!" I did. and I waited and waited for my favorite comic book, "The Justice League of America," to become a movie.

That probably means my expectations are too high. Oh well, I am expected to be entertained. I am sure I will get that.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I read Rotten Tomatos is holding their review. Not sure why.

I am leaving for the Dominican Republic at 11 tonight and seeing this movie at 6 before I go.

It only has a 2 hour run time which alone encourages me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Early reviews are mixed, but everyone agrees Gal Godot was great again.

Have a great trip Danny. Don't drink the water Smile
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
She always is. Her hair is different this movie I think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Rotten Tomatoes Senior Movie Editor Grae Drake was interviewed on the radio this morning. She spoke highly of the Justice League movie.
Magic is like Science,
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Kind of how I felt also Danny. While enjoyable and funny, it was also a bit disappointing as it seemed to change Thor's character so much. Not that I'm a strong purist, I just found that it was more of a comic (and cosmic) Superhero road trip that felt a little out of place is the Universe that Marvel has created. I wouldn't want all the Marvel movies to follow this style. (Not that I think they will. Black Panther looks much closer to the tone of "The Winter Soldier" than "Thor: Ragnarok", which I think is a good thing.)

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1725160......ragnarok

While I really, really liked Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought Thor Ragnarok was a bit of fun, I REALLY don't want this comic tone to become the standard in Marvel movies. If this article's predictions are right, I may be disappointed in the future of Marvel.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
She always is. Her hair is different this movie I think.

Quote:
On Nov 16, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Early reviews are mixed, but everyone agrees Gal Godot was great again.

Have a great trip Danny. Don't drink the water Smile

And apparently pregnant while filming and had to work out a system to be sick between takes.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1726161......ague-set

"And then every cut I had to go and run and vomit somewhere. So, I had an assistant with a bucket and she was to put other stuff in the bucket so other people thought that instead of having a bag she had a bucket. That made sense... And once I was so loud and I didn't make it to the restroom in the trailer, so I was vomiting. It was so loud, I'm so sorry, this is disgusting. And she [sang], 'Aww Ah Ah,' so that no one could hear me."

Let's see, she's had romances with Batman, Aquaman, AND Superman. (among others) I wonder which one is the daddy? Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Kind of how I felt also Danny. While enjoyable and funny, it was also a bit disappointing as it seemed to change Thor's character so much. Not that I'm a strong purist, I just found that it was more of a comic (and cosmic) Superhero road trip that felt a little out of place is the Universe that Marvel has created. I wouldn't want all the Marvel movies to follow this style. (Not that I think they will. Black Panther looks much closer to the tone of "The Winter Soldier" than "Thor: Ragnarok", which I think is a good thing.)

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1725160......ragnarok

While I really, really liked Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought Thor Ragnarok was a bit of fun, I REALLY don't want this comic tone to become the standard in Marvel movies. If this article's predictions are right, I may be disappointed in the future of Marvel.

The other thing that war odd to me is the talking joking Hulk. Speaks 1 word, then 2 years later not in earth he is introspective? That was really bothersome.

I think the goal was a sort of "buddy cop" movie. Which I will say they kind of hit the mark. But the change had been on the way. Even the Disney XD Avengers series it started.

Marvel cinema has never been a slave to story line as it exists so we will see. I am always interested in the reimagining of charectors.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I think the Hulk could speak so much better because he had basically been the Hulk for 2 years without ever changing back to Banner. I actually find this really interesting and apparently, they have an interesting storyline about the Hulk built into the next couple of movies. I wouldn't be surprised if they have his and Banner's character begin to merge somewhat like they have done at times in the comics.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Justice League got applause. It was not a bass effort. More later when others have seen.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Last night I saw the Justice League film.

I went out of my way not to read reviews or critiques prior as I like to make up my own mind.

Most reviewers give it a big thumbs down. Most critiques seem overly critical of it. (most film critics are not comic book readers or collectors)

Lets remember something though... This is a comic book movie. Comic book fans want to see the book brought to life when they go to a movie like this. In my mind, they producers/director/actors pulled it off brilliantly. I loved the film! My daughter did too. (it pleases me no end that my 18 year old daughter told me she likes to go out with her friends, but superhero movies are reserved for she and I.)

Can I find fault with the movie? Sure, if I wanted to do that. I am a scientist after all. I have an analytical mind and I can analyze most things to death, but why would I? Why not just sit back and enjoy my favorites all together for the first real live action film? I have loved the Justice League since 1972, and had back collected all the stories to the beginning. for me this worked.

If you want to criticize the movie, go ahead and do that. It will be your opinion, just as this is mine.
Magic is like Science,
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Bad effort sorry. In my above post.

Personally I enjoyed myself. I thought the charectors intersected great and it wasn't very forced. It didn't have the build Avengers did before the movie.

Jeremy Irons is a great Alfred. Ben Affleck was good also. Flash was interesting and W squared was cool. I even liked the Aquaman take. Many have will and are hating it though.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
By golly,Cliff, it's so nice that your daughter loves watching superhero movies with you only. Happy for you that you have such a close bonding with your daughter. Does she collect comics too?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
The answer about my daughter is a double edged sword. No, sadly she neither reads nor collects comic books. Bad news, it is a strong aspect of my past that she does not share. Good news, I remember how much time money and energy I put into my collection back in the 70's and 80's.

The sharing of the movies is fine and enough...
Magic is like Science,
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Personally, thought it was better than Suicide Squad, much worse than Wonder Woman and on a par or a little worse than Superman V Batman.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Interesting comment from Marvel President Kevin Feige recently.

"[Marvel is] 22 movies in, and we've got another 20 movies on the docket that are completely different from anything that's come before---intentionally."

What's interesting to me is that in those 20 upcoming movies, there probably won't be many more with several of the current starts. I wouldn't be surprised if after Infinity Wars we won't be seeing much of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and bunch of the other current stars.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Fascinating announcement Rockwall. Is there a link to the interview where he said that?
Magic is like Science,
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7379 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Interesting comment from Marvel President Kevin Feige recently.

"[Marvel is] 22 movies in, and we've got another 20 movies on the docket that are completely different from anything that's come before---intentionally."

What's interesting to me is that in those 20 upcoming movies, there probably won't be many more with several of the current starts. I wouldn't be surprised if after Infinity Wars we won't be seeing much of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and bunch of the other current stars.

Quote:
On Nov 28, 2017, Cliffg37 wrote:
Fascinating announcement Rockwall. Is there a link to the interview where he said that?

I also saw this.

Vanity Fair just came out with an article (Marvel Cover Story - "Secrets of the Marvel Universe"), and it's been repeated on other websites in a condensed form.

The quote about the future movies is towards the end of the article.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201......er-story

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Oh yeah baby! Avengers Infinity War trailer has finally dropped!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42..47..51..55..59..62~63~64 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL