The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy Vol. 1 (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi,

Someone told me that an updated version of Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy (Vol. 1) will be released again. Do anyone know when it will be released and how its different from the older edition/version?

Thanks!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Hi Shakuni-

I'm not sure when the publisher is going to release this, but it is in the works. Note that it is simply a second edition, as the first is now out of print. The major changes will be cosmetic, to match the quality and format of the second volume. There are minor corrections to the text and changes in layout, but the contents are essentially unchanged from the first edition with the exception of a new introduction.

Good thoughts,

Bob
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi Sir, Thanks a lot for update!
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Dear Bob,

Quote:
On Sep 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm not sure when the publisher is going to release this, but it is in the works.

Happy to read this!
I'd like to express my anticipation for this re-release. I am looking forward to it and hope it'll fit the layout of Vol. 2 nicely!

Regards,
Thomas
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Maybe this would be a grand opportunity to retitle the books...

The Art*** Mentalism titles are already way confusing -- Is this the Collectors Workshop one? Read volume 2 first! etc -- so what's to lose?!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

No. The two Artful Mentalism books are published by H&R Magic Books. The only title that Collectors Workshop has is the now out of print, "The Art of Mentalism," published in 1982.

"The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy" books are compilations. The contents of both books are unrelated. That's why it doesn't matter which one is read first. The only reason that I recommend Volume 2 first is for the benefit of those just getting into mentalism because it contains the complete text of "Fundamentals." There will be a Volume 3 next year, but I will probably call that Volume 7 just to further confuse people. Smile
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Volume 7. LOL
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
You could go with Vol 3&1/2 , I'll still buy it lol
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2014, johne wrote:
Volume 7. LOL

If it could come with a "Certificate of Authenticity" dated 2019, that would be a great enhancement and I surely want to be on the pre-order list...well before then...!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Such great news, Bob! Looking forward to it.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Glad I found this, I was trying to hunt down a copy, but I can just wait now.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Put me down for both #1 and #3 as soon as they are released!...But only if they include a package of a re-orderable stack of your recommended billet papers (just kidding...on the billets...ha, ha)! Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
188 Posts

Profile of aheads
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
There will be a Volume 3 next year, but I will probably call that Volume 7 just to further confuse people. Smile

LOL

I love it Bob - a kind of Star Wars numbering system, it worked for George Lucas. Release 1, then 2, then 1 again, jump to 7 "Return of the Mentalist", release 2 on Blu-ray, box set of 2 and 7 together with a limited edition NW and foreword by JJ Abrahms and then release 3 "The Mentalist Strikes Back" in High Definintion, re-release the whole lot with a new cover and sell it all to Disney.

Genius!
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
This IS great news! I am saving for BOTH "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy" books. I feel this is where I want to start. Bob is not the only one, I know. But, I feel he best fits my needs. Thank you, Bob! Smile

Doug
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Doug,

Just for the record (to make sure you know)...the Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy Vol 2 is already out and can pick it up many places online.

Its the reprint of Artful Mentalism Vol 1 that everyone is waiting on. Just wanted to make sure you knew so that you weren't confused.

Also, many (including myself and Bob Cassidy) recommend starting with Vol 2.

Best purchase I've ever made in mentalism.

Best,
Matthew
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I have a OOP Artful....and is in the top three books I own,and #1 out of the mentalism books I own(got it years ago).
,I totally agree with Bob about The Amateur Magicians Handbook,as well as other things of course...
Steve
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you Matthew! I will pick up vol 2 first! Smile

Doug
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Oddly enough, the paper used in Artful 2 is one of the few things I didn't like about It. The sheen on it makes it more difficult than most books to read in various conditions of light. It also made the book about five pounds heavier than it otherwise would have been with "normal" paper. No issue with the contents, but just surprised to hear that it was liked well enough to reformat Artful 1 in the same style!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

The type of paper allows for extremely sharp illustrations and photographs.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
H&R makes some bizarre decisions with book design. Artful Mentalism 2 has simple line drawings and few photographs, so the heavy, glossy paper serves little purpose while making the book glare-prone, difficult to handle, and more costly to produce and ship. Artful Mentalism 1 is a much easier book to handle and read.

H&R would be wiser to eschew spending their money on glossy paper and instead direct it towards hiring a capable proofreader. Artful Mentalism 2 is an invaluable book, but was plagued by misspellings. Bob Cassidy's work deserves better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy Vol. 1 (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL