The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Danny Orleans other kid show dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Does anyone have the DVD with him,David Kaye and another performer? This was a 90 lecture they did at a recent convention....just curious what folks think of it...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
I don't have it, Randy, but after meeting Danny, I just want to say he's one of the friendliest, most engaging people that I've met in our field. I was floored by how genuine the guy was and I'm a huge fan of his character and demeanor. I know that's not what you were asking pal, but just wanted to say if anyone ever gets a chance to talk with him, I think you'll agree.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Randy -

In case you didn't know, Danny Orleans will be doing a lecture in Calgary on November 12th as a part of the CAN AM Lecture series this fall. He's in Victoria on November 11th.

I don't own the DVD set you're talking about. It's called "The 3D Kid Show Lecture DVD", and features a lecture by Danny Orleans, David Kaye, and Doug Scheer at the combined IBM / SAM Convention this past summer.

If you aren't familiar with Doug Scheer, he was featured on Magician Business podcast a while ago.

http://www.magicianbusiness.com/educational-magic/

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
I have it... A great DVD... Far too cheap IMHO.
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
I saw the preview of Danny's penguin lecture and that was enough for me to pass. He drops a zombie ball on the ground and says something like 'whoops, let's start again". I can tell you I don't do 1000 shows a year (or whatever he's supposed to do) but I have enough experience that if there's a mistake I make it part of the show and don't telegraph that something has gone wrong. If I dropped a zombie ball I would probably reprimand the ball with something like "hey, behave yourself, everybody is watching" rather than "whoops, let's start again".
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Zuke..we all make mistakes...maybe that's Danny's way of correction with magicians...we all know how the Zombie works...im sure if he was in a kids magic show environment, he might have said something different...
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Yup I know danny is coming to lecture that is the reason I wondered about the DVD. I have his 3dvd set...I found it just okay that is why I wanted some other folks view on that one...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Aside from "The Art of Presenting Magic to Children", and "The 3D Kid Show Lecture DVD", Danny also recently released a DVD set titled "The Art of Presenting Magic to Teenagers". That's also a 3 DVD set. So, when you say "his 3 DVD set", you could be talking about the kids one or the teen one. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Ahh yeah, I was referring to the kids one
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I don't have the DVD - but I did attend the live 3D Lecture at the I.B.M./SAM convention where ot was recorded. It featured Danny, David, and Doug Scheer - three of the top, highest paid kdshow performers in the country. Their lecture was brilliant. I can easily recommend it.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Thanks skip.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Danny Orleans other kid show dvd (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL