The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wayne Dobson - 3SIXTY (129 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I must admit that for me examinability (is that even a word) is not a factor at all. If an examinable box came out tomorrow it would not factor into my buying decision at all. If a spectator feels the need to examine a completely transparent box then I have failed epically in my presentation. The fact that the box is see through on all sides should be enough to render it above suspicion not to mention that the advantage of a crystal clear box is that it puts the emphasis on the contents rather than the container itself. The day that I cannot effortlessly convince spectators that a box that is obviously totally transparent on all sides is no more than a clear box is the day that I need to give up performing.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mark I like the fact that I CAN give out a box for them to examine ,if EVER you get a spectator WHO WANTS to,i WANT to do the impossible,that is why and what I strive to do if you are happy with what you do ,then let it be so,just beacause most boxs can not be EXAMINED ,does not mean it would be great to have one.No one has ever ASK me,by the way and my 3 box routine worked a treat,but I want more all the time,i want to push push and push the barriers of impossiblity,when I loose the passion then I'll give up then,i will keep going beacuse there are more people out there that get ENTERTAINED and have fun by me and that's good enough for me and I hope you enjoy how and what you do that's what magic is for me,not peoples constant views on, oh you do not do it that ,oh think like this or do not THINK OUT SIDE THE BOX,nothing wrong in trying to improvre on things and get better.

The fact is many "new" inventions and "clever" idea coming out and people are wasting more money on these magician toys. Most of them bring nothing new to audience. yes that is quite true asherfox
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I have been using the Kennedy box for years and no one has ever asked to "examine" the box

This obsession to examine everything is strange to me

I still can't see what advantage this box has over the others that are available
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
For all you guys who were dissing this effect BEFORE it was released, I love Wayne's recent response to you all. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
273 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
I am still waiting for mine since month.
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
For all you guys who were dissing this effect BEFORE it was released, I love Wayne's recent response to you all. Smile

I guess this is another one of your " joke" posts
Bit like your hidden hand repose from Sean eneded up his response was nothing !

So far no one has posed a video of using the box without any BA even though we have all the claims that it can be done

No one has answered the question what does this being to the table that can't be done with any other box
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I don't do joke posts.

It is there for all to see on Wayne's facebook page.

I would cut and paste it here but facebook will probably sue me for copyright infringement as they own all content that is posted.
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
I'm not bothered by that Jamie, so I'll do it for you:

"3Sixty by Wayne Dobson:

Here goes: justifying myself when I have done nothing wrong! I don't ever go on magic forums as it just winds me up. However, somebody mentioned to me how people were rubbishing my effect before they even saw it. However, all the anoraks and not rights have now started backpedalling! They also criticised me a few months ago on the same thread for advertising for preorders saying that it was a con and they will not benefit from preorders so they would wait for release (that is fine by me) and that if I had faith in my trick, I wouldn't need preorders and somebody even suggested that if I was confident enough, why didn't I remortgage my house? Well, just to let you know I only did preorders because lots of people asked Mike Sullivan, who was road testing the product for DTRIK if we would take preorders? We decided to take preorders and so made it worth their while, by giving them 10% discount plus free shipping and PayPal charges, plus my new lecture notes a total value of £22 free! So Thank you to the many loyal customers that had faith in my product and that my intentions were genuine! Thank you also to the numerous heavyweight names in magic that are continually praising DTRIK's first self publication release.
Prepare for the next release however, I have to go and chat to be building society about, a remortgage as we are only doing 45 units and they are going to be 48p each,And it is by that great magician Bertie Dellend.

Wayne"
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Also, the comments to Wayne's post make for good reading too, here is just the first line of one and he sums everything up pretty well methnks:

"For those of you who know me you will know that I don't mix well with 'magicians' who are fickle, self important, backstabbing tossers. Ergo ... I don't have many friends who are magicians."
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2014, CarlMcCoy wrote:
I'm not bothered by that Jamie, so I'll do it for you:

"3Sixty by Wayne Dobson:

Here goes: justifying myself when I have done nothing wrong! I don't ever go on magic forums as it just winds me up. However, somebody mentioned to me how people were rubbishing my effect before they even saw it. However, all the anoraks and not rights have now started backpedalling! They also criticised me a few months ago on the same thread for advertising for preorders saying that it was a con and they will not benefit from preorders so they would wait for release (that is fine by me) and that if I had faith in my trick, I wouldn't need preorders and somebody even suggested that if I was confident enough, why didn't I remortgage my house? Well, just to let you know I only did preorders because lots of people asked Mike Sullivan, who was road testing the product for DTRIK if we would take preorders? We decided to take preorders and so made it worth their while, by giving them 10% discount plus free shipping and PayPal charges, plus my new lecture notes a total value of £22 free! So Thank you to the many loyal customers that had faith in my product and that my intentions were genuine! Thank you also to the numerous heavyweight names in magic that are continually praising DTRIK's first self publication release.
Prepare for the next release however, I have to go and chat to be building society about, a remortgage as we are only doing 45 units and they are going to be 48p each,And it is by that great magician Bertie Dellend.

Wayne"

Hi Carl

It does not answer the question that I posted what does this being to the table that can't be done with any other box ?

but good to see the other point of view, even though Wayne Spokesman did not mention anything about the Free Gifts in his orignal post

Funny that Jamie normally does not mind copying a pasting for his so called scoops but not for this item
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Hi Jack.

You're right it doesn't answer your question...I just thought I'd paste it up to save people going to the trouble.

I don't own any of boxes being mentioned on this and the other threads so cannot answer you either I'm afraid. From what I've read it seems to be down to this one being examinable at the end, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure why it's so important that it's examinable. For me, if someone showed me a completely clear perspex box with a card in it, then tipped out the card to leave an empty completely clear perspex box, the last thing on my mind would be "Hmmmm, I bet there's something fishy going on with that completely clear perspex box...I'll ask the guy if I can have a look at it when he's stopped talking about teleportation or whatever nonsense he's mumbling about now. I do like his Ace of Spades tie though."
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
"I'll ask the guy if I can have a look at it when he's stopped talking about teleportation or whatever nonsense he's mumbling about now. I do like his Ace of Spades tie though."

I didn't know you had seen my act!
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
I haven't Jamie...it was just a wild stab in the dark.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
Hi Jack.

You're right it doesn't answer your question...I just thought I'd paste it up to save people going to the trouble.

I don't own any of boxes being mentioned on this and the other threads so cannot answer you either I'm afraid. From what I've read it seems to be down to this one being examinable at the end, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure why it's so important that it's examinable. For me, if someone showed me a completely clear perspex box with a card in it, then tipped out the card to leave an empty completely clear perspex box, the last thing on my mind would be "Hmmmm, I bet there's something fishy going on with that completely clear perspex box...I'll ask the guy if I can have a look at it when he's stopped talking about teleportation or whatever nonsense he's mumbling about now. I do like his Ace of Spades tie though."

Have to Agree with you , if the only advantage is it can be examined then that does not justify buying another Box
faro
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of faro
There are at least three different transparent boxes on the market now.
Only the 3sixty you can give at the end to control but you must conceale something...
the best stay the original one imho.
MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
I have the Kennedy Mystery Box and to me, exainability is extremely important. After I dump the card out, I leave the box on the table. Half the time, people look at the box for a few seconds just because it's kind of an interesting looking box and because people have no explanation for what just happened. They're so dumb founded that they search for a solution, and they look at the box for a few seconds and then realize there's nothing to find and just continue to be perplexed.

Even though examinability isn't absolutely necessary with the mystery box plot, it's still a very nice feature.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Can someone who have this tell me about can the gimmick adapted to another brand of playing card ?

Thanks in advance...

Diga
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, MagicMike101 wrote:
Http://youtu.be/DqTPlK8qiB4

Not sure what the point of re posting the demo , which is not very good to say the least

On David Penn demo at least it is clearly shown all this shows is a box on a black close up pad

Along with a load of digital effects , not helpful at all,
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
You can see an unedited performance here. http://www.magictao.co.uk/TaoTV/Weekly-Magazine-EP-09
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wayne Dobson - 3SIXTY (129 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL