We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » BUSKER GEAR WARNING (46 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Brian J. Hatcher
View Profile
New user
Charleston WV
52 Posts

Profile of Brian J. Hatcher
I'm still owed a DVD and a busker's wand I ordered from Busker Gear two years ago. I worked with Bobby Maverick for months on a resolution, instead of getting a refund from PayPal, because he was well liked in the magic community and I figured this had to be some sort of misunderstanding. And he was pleasant and very apologetic when I talked to him on the phone. But after seven months and no order, he stopped answering my calls.

One day, after I called and the phone rang with no answer, I called again using my work phone instead. Bobby answered, but when he heard my voice, he immediately hung up on me.

I took the hint and chalked up the $75 loss as a valuable lesson.
Maior Cogitatio Magiam Maiorem Facit
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
These are some seriously bad reviews here...
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
163 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
I have seen him here in New Orleans performing. I wonder if that is why you have had trouble getting a hold of him.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
HE IS ONE big CROOK
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1224 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2015, mike bonfield wrote:
HE IS ONE big CROOK

How do you really feel?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Wow I'm glad I read this post. I won't be going here.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
398 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
If anyone is looking for this in maroon, med (coat size 40) I have one with a couple of adjustments for sale well below his retail. PM me if interested
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Listen, Bobby has been in bad health for quite some time and things are looking pretty awful for him right now.

He knows that he has made some mistakes and hasn't always been the best at running a business, but I can tell you this; if you reach out to him, he is trying to make things right with everyone.

I understand some of you are upset, but please try reaching out to him. You can easily message him via Facebook and I am confident he will do his best to make things right with you.
peterderdak
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of peterderdak
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2016, cbguy wrote:
Listen, Bobby has been in bad health for quite some time and things are looking pretty awful for him right now.

He knows that he has made some mistakes and hasn't always been the best at running a business, but I can tell you this; if you reach out to him, he is trying to make things right with everyone.

I understand some of you are upset, but please try reaching out to him. You can easily message him via Facebook and I am confident he will do his best to make things right with you.

i've messaged him dozens of times always politely asking for updates and stressing patients. But he often ignores or outright lies to me about the shipment.
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Like I said, get a hold of him now. I don't care what you've done in the past. I'm telling you to reach out to him now.

Keep in mind, even if you're upset, please be kind to my friend because at this time his health is not very well.

He will respond to you.
peterderdak
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of peterderdak
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2016, cbguy wrote:
Like I said, get a hold of him now. I don't care what you've done in the past. I'm telling you to reach out to him now.

Keep in mind, even if you're upset, please be kind to my friend because at this time his health is not very well.

He will respond to you.

I've contacted him the past two days including today. "Hi bobby, any news on the tracking" -seen but no response, next day same, today same. I am sorry for his health.

Today I once again asked him about my shipment, (which mind you I ordered in march (he picked up the money the same day I sent it)). Since I myself am diabetic I sent him a few things which have helped my overall health and hopefully would help him. He was online, Immediately saw the message, then logged off.

If he has issues with shipping (which take 6 months again, despite collecting the money day I sent it through MoneyGram) he shouldn't be charging people. I could list the times he has told me it shipped, then after said he will ship it soon, then said it went missing, then said a replacement...etc

The entire time I never once expressed hate or anything bad about him. I only asked(hell I begged) that he would sent what I paid for ($160 if you are wondering),

I wouldn't wish health issues on anybody but the bottom line for me is that He took my money and seemingly has no intention to send me the vest I ordered or refund me regardless of what his status post says. If he is your friend that's fine I am simply a customer responding the service which has(not) been provided.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
I'm dealing with the same thing. PayPal is the way to go. You just file a complaint within 45
days and you're covered. Hopefully you'll get what you paid for.

Jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Just a con man
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
563 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Health issues mean nothing when you are doing business. If your health is a problem, don't do business. Period.

I myself am recently disabled. I was in a coma for three days after the hit and run accident that took my ability to walk.
I had collected the cash for a drum kit that I had sold the day before the accident, and made plans to deliver it that weekend.
Not only did the guy get his kit on time, but he tipped me a hundred bucks for taking care of business even after what happened.

Mind you, I was also keeping a small e-liquid business afloat during this whole situation, filling and shipping every order on time.

Unless this guy is literally on his deathbed, he's got no excuse.

I have heard of getting the run around before, but this gives the phrase a whole new meaning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » BUSKER GEAR WARNING (46 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL