The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spooky/Bizarre Stage Photos (62 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
185 Posts

Profile of aheads
I was hoping this thread could be used for us to show photos of our stage set-ups, decorations etc when it comes to our shows. It will be useful for inspiration, ideas and also just for us to show off our hard work. I've been searching the Café for something similar but found nothing.

Now that I have something to show, I can start us off with an image from a corporate gig I did recently. The setting for my seance show was an old industrial barn filled with antiques and equipment they had used over the past 200 years. I was able to incorporate my effects and props into the surroundings and used the antiques to create a stage. Here's the image:

So please, post your pics.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator

One of the 3 rooms at the Surnateum (The Cabinet of Curiosities, the Library, the Chamber of Oracles).
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
882 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, aheads wrote:
I was hoping this thread could be used for us to show photos of our stage set-ups, decorations etc when it comes to our shows. It will be useful for inspiration, ideas and also just for us to show off our hard work. I've been searching the Café for something similar but found nothing.

Now that I have something to show, I can start us off with an image from a corporate gig I did recently. The setting for my seance show was an old industrial barn filled with antiques and equipment they had used over the past 200 years. I was able to incorporate my effects and props into the surroundings and used the antiques to create a stage. Here's the image:

So please, post your pics.

Very nice. Good idea for a thread. I would love to contribute, but I cant seem to post photos. I am sort of techno challenged.
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
185 Posts

Profile of aheads
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, The Curator wrote:

One of the 3 rooms at the Surnateum (The Cabinet of Curiosities, the Library, the Chamber of Oracles).

That looks lovely. Excuse my ignorance, but is this where you collect, practice and perform? I'm so inquisitive that I'd spend hours just poking around in there. Great room.

Re: Posting images. It's really easy.

1. Register with Photobucket.com to get a free account.
2. Once you are into your account, you can upload the images from your computer to Photobucket. They are then "hosted" online.
3. Each image is then given a special code automatically that you can just copy and paste into your post here. It's the one that starts with [ IMG ] and ends with [ /IMG ]

Hey presto! Good luck.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, aheads wrote:

That looks lovely. Excuse my ignorance, but is this where you collect, practice and perform? I'm so inquisitive that I'd spend hours just poking around in there. Great room.

Yep, the photo shows part of the Surnateum's Cabinet of Curiosities, the European Collections. It's where I collect, practice and perform, organize visits, private shows and lecture.
The main collections in this room concern the Vampire during the XVIIIth and XIXth century, Spiritualism, Witches and apotropaic defenses, Sea Curses, Fairies (the Cottingley Fairies), the Golem, Cursed Archeology (and Indiana Jones Smile ), a unique Magic Set, Gambling and more...
I can perform 10 different shows in this room, without moving anything.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Chambers of Oracle or the Ethnological Collections (Voodoo Altar, Nepalese Shaman, the Dozo, the Collection of Oracular Instruments, the Sadhu, the Tulkus...
The room can be used for different performances too.

Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Amazeballs!!! Thanks for sharing guys
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
889 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Once again, my admiration for the Surnateum borders on contempt. Bravo!

Aheads, that is a perfect seance barn loft. Never seen one before, but now all others will be judged against it. Gorgeous.
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
185 Posts

Profile of aheads
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, Perkins wrote:
Once again, my admiration for the Surnateum borders on contempt. Bravo!

Aheads, that is a perfect seance barn loft. Never seen one before, but now all others will be judged against it. Gorgeous.

Thanks Perkins. I'm only worried that future shows may look bare when I don't have access to all those lovely props.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Don't perform any more, but when I did...

Set up for a Jack the Ripper Seance evening in Spitalfields, London.

Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Nice room Paul! I love this thread.
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
185 Posts

Profile of aheads
Nice, Paul. Was it your own house? Or a friend of a friend?
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
It was a venue hired by a company for their Christmas party - an old house decorated in the style of an Edwardian home. Perfect for a seance! It was a great night.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
D.J. Ayur
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of D.J. Ayur
I love when hard work pays off; great job!
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
656 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
My partners and I have invested in tents, which we intend to make more elaborate as time goes on. We've brought them places as diverse as outdoor festivals, art galleries, and atriums of public buildings.
http://www.mediumarts.ca: Psychic Entertainment & Contemporary Art
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
You can see my stage set in photos and video here: http://www.paulprater.com/photosvideo.html

Believe it or not, the entire stage set, all props, etc...fit into a Honda Accord.
TickTock
View Profile
New user
Worcester, Massachusetts
18 Posts

Profile of TickTock
Truly inspiring -- thanks everyone for sharing!
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
185 Posts

Profile of aheads
Here's two from my most recent gig. The venue is great - perfect for my needs and they love the show, so they're pushing it out as entertainment for all thier other guests/parties/functions.

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1871 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
doctorrigormorto
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
284 Posts

Profile of doctorrigormorto
Here is a look at The Paranormal Show set during its 8 week run at the Diesel Playhouse.

Click here to view/download attached file.
http://www.diablomanor.com
http://www.theparanormalshow.net
http://www.carnivaldiablo.com

Imagination is more important than Knowledge.

Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spooky/Bizarre Stage Photos (62 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL