The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Brilliant Switch Box - by PVL (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
And you shall get it, Pablo. Smile Sometimes you just gotta take a chance. Went on a gut feeling after watching the video 3 times. I think it will be a bit of light entertainment in the middle of all that I do and will appeal to young and old alike. We'll see. Less money if you're not in the EU.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3539 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, Arsenal wrote:
Here is link of the wooden version from Magic Holland
http://www.magicshop.nl/magic-switch-board

It's slightly cheaper than the clear version.

Here is the introduction video of the wooden switchboard (at 6:27)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC9wbVbspOY

Wow! That wooden version is beautiful! It is much better looking than what I have. I love the simplicity and the old-fashioned look of the light fixtures. I think anyone who purchases this should be happy with it. Even the simplest of routines can be very powerful, especially if you build the up suspense and drama.

I know a lot of people are cutting back on their patter and getting right to the punch of the magic. However, if we take a note from the entertainment industry, movies build the drama, toy with people's emotions, and then hit them with the special effects. I think this prop lends itself well to working on drama, emotions, and then hitting them with the "special effects" of the prop.

Jaizon, I am really looking forward to your view on it when you get it.

KJ
voltar
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of voltar
Hello- I actually produced this product in Feb 2010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9MGa7iQq4 and postings on this forum are discussing it and whether it was copying existing concepts although it is clear and the function is different and the batteries can be removed. This PVL box appears to be a copy of my concept, for a clear box,and probably my youtube video inspired it, but they say "copying is the highest form of flattery" but I have not seen the comments similar to what I received yet, which did get rather heated, regarding copying the concept.........regards.....Voltar www.palacemagic.co.uk
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
512 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Voltar...

I have LONG admired your Brilliant Switchbox - with in concept and execution. I have remained sad that it has never (so far as I know) been manufactured and sold. I have on file numerous communications via eMail concerning it being an actual product that can be purchased. Is there ANY chance you shall be making these for sale anytime SOON?

Rhett Bryson
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2399 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2016, rhettbryson wrote:
Voltar...

I have LONG admired your Brilliant Switchbox - with in concept and execution. I have remained sad that it has never (so far as I know) been manufactured and sold. I have on file numerous communications via eMail concerning it being an actual product that can be purchased. Is there ANY chance you shall be making these for sale anytime SOON?

Rhett Bryson

I agree with Rhett. I have known about this for a while to.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
voltar
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of voltar
Hello- I have six units in production now, two fully complete, and four to be finished. This product as you can probably imagine,is very difficult and time consuming to make, and that coupled to problems with design, availabilty of parts, and other complex problems, oh and full time work, delayed this somewhat.I am personally going ensure that Rhett is going to be the first person to receive his, as he has been very patient and polite,and preordered one, when the youtube video first appeared. I actually have orders for a large number, but they are not scalable easily, and financially they are not really viable at all. I do not want to flood the magic marketplace with them either, as they will not be quite so unique. I have other ideas in the pipeline, which due to semi-retire might happen in a more timely fashion. I have a concept for another Magic Switchbox, which is a further leap from the concept, and I will advise on here, when a prototype is made. As I now have more time on my hands, I will be designing more Magic, as I have been interested for forty years now, and I have also been collecting magic for that time. Although an electronic engineer by trade, not all effects will be electronic based. I have also just designed and made a self contained palmable unit for performing the "Black Sheep" mind reading effect, but this could be used in other items. Although I have opened a magic shop now selling general magic items, the idea is to be a showcase of the magic I design and produce. This is something I enjoy doing, and I hope to receive comments and suggestions on this forum, on items required, or comments on items are produce. Anyway enough of my waffling, and back to the design bench, and final testing of Rhetts Magic Switchbox.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Brilliant Switch Box - by PVL (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL