The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Octopalm! (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
Studio9HDR
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Studio9HDR
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, daffydoug wrote:
I'm looking forward to my order arriving!! I can think of a million uses for this.

I assume it removes with simple soap and water? For instance, if I use my left fingers to apply it to my right palm, the left fingers are going to be undesirably sticky until I remove it from them. Or is it applied with an included applicator brush?

Or could I perhaps use a cotton swab to apply?

I love this stuff... I have ordered some empty lip gloss containers to fill. Going to test how well it works to apply Octopalm. Not sure how well
a Q-tip would work due to the loose fibers. Better luck with something ore stiff yet semi small in nature say a cheese stick from a cheese and crackers pack perhaps. Even if the lip gloss tube doesn't work like a applicator, it will still be a great pocket carry for walk around Ready Set Go scenarios. I did the same with a small glass bottle with brush and rubber cement. nice, small, portable....
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2018, Studio9HDR wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, daffydoug wrote:
I'm looking forward to my order arriving!! I can think of a million uses for this.

I assume it removes with simple soap and water? For instance, if I use my left fingers to apply it to my right palm, the left fingers are going to be undesirably sticky until I remove it from them. Or is it applied with an included applicator brush?

Or could I perhaps use a cotton swab to apply?

I love this stuff... I have ordered some empty lip gloss containers to fill. Going to test how well it works to apply Octopalm. Not sure how well
a Q-tip would work due to the loose fibers. Better luck with something ore stiff yet semi small in nature say a cheese stick from a cheese and crackers pack perhaps. Even if the lip gloss tube doesn't work like a applicator, it will still be a great pocket carry for walk around Ready Set Go scenarios. I did the same with a small glass bottle with brush and rubber cement. nice, small, portable....

Hi,there ... Can you let me know where you are ordering the empty Lip Gloss containers? I have another use for such things and did not know you could order them empty. Cheers
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
matthewauj
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of matthewauj
Does octopalm work with classic palming a coin and if I use it for that will it be easy to release the coin from classic palm position?
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I haven’t purchased it yet , frankly forgot it came out... just curious if anyone has used this for Daniel Garcia’s effect KAOS????

Thanks in advance

J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
jm4345
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of jm4345
Has anyone used this for Akira Fuji's Linking cigarettes?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, matthewauj wrote:
Does octopalm work with classic palming a coin and if I use it for that will it be easy to release the coin from classic palm position?

The classic palm is normally done without Octopalm so then you would have to experiment with the size of the coin and how much Octopalm applied. The bigger the coin the easier it will be to push the coin off.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
Anyone have any tips for when the octopalm dries out in the container? I have some that I have had for a while and haven’t used. I opened it up to work with it as it is dried hard in the container.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2019, danster08 wrote:
Anyone have any tips for when the octopalm dries out in the container? I have some that I have had for a while and haven’t used. I opened it up to work with it as it is dried hard in the container.

For activating a dried out sharpie one would use rubbing alcohol. I don’t have it but I would try putting. 3-5 small droplets in and let it sit for a little to test to see if you can save it.
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
Purchased mine in 2015 and kept in a zip lock bag, opened it today and there was some evaporation and some tiny crumbs but still works fine.
The video is worth the price by itself. Eight familiar routines with an Octopalm twist.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Just heard about this product. I have been using Eileen's tacky glue called: Tack It Over and Over. It's usually out of stock in craft stores, but you can find it, or order online. It is extremely strong and long lasting, invisible when dry. I found that it remains sticky until you remove it - doesn't seem to wear out. Only issue is that you can't remove it while in performance - it takes soap and water to get it off.

I'll have to see how it compares with Octopalm.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Holy smoke, Octopalm works well. I used it to stick vanish a magnetic English Penny/US Half Dollar combo coin after turning two coins into one. I left the new coin with octopalm on it. Must have been way too much - I cannot pull the half coin apart, the magnet with some octopalm smeared in the crack is too much. So new question - does anyone know what can break down octopalm? I will use to split this coin again.

Thanks!
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2020, dbolan wrote:
Holy smoke, Octopalm works well. I used it to stick vanish a magnetic English Penny/US Half Dollar combo coin after turning two coins into one. I left the new coin with octopalm on it. Must have been way too much - I cannot pull the half coin apart, the magnet with some octopalm smeared in the crack is too much. So new question - does anyone know what can break down octopalm? I will use to split this coin again.

Hand sanitizer did it!
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Octopalm! (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL