The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Forcing a Time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
Greetings,

I am looking for a method of forcing a specific time (like 1:00 or 4:00). It needs to be on the hour rather than a specific minute. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shawn
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Look in Lifesavers by Weber on Osterlands (excuse the spelling I am SURE that is wrong) DVDs. This method allows you to force an exact time on a watch.

I guess you'd just say "Remember the time...ignore the minutes, just the hour will do." Then force 4:16.

However, wouldn't the effect be strong with ANY time being picked?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
There's a way to force one o'clock that takes a bit of selling, and can be reconstructed by an analytical participant, but works. PM me if interested.

Jack Shalom
scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
You might be interested in the new Mindstunts DVD by Patrick Kuffs.

It features an effect called Watchism, using a borrowed watch in which the hands end up matching a prediction written previously by the performer.

It's a great DVD.

Scott
unklepaul
View Profile
New user
hemel hempstead, uk
84 Posts

Profile of unklepaul
This is the second post that refers the reader to Patrick Kuff's DVD. Where is it available from?

Thanks!
om mani padme hum
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
The method that Jack Shalom mentions is most likely Jim Steinmeyer's "The One O'Clock Mystery" from his book Impuzzibilities. The original poster would do well by purchasing the text, not only to own the rights to the effect, but to find a number of other wonderful pieces of similar magic.

The Patrick Kuffs' Mind Stunts DVD cannot only be found from L&L, Meir Yedid, Hank Lee, Alakazam (in the UK) and most other dealers, but is (or was at one time), available directly from Patrick at kuffs@psychomagie.com

MS
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
There are also some methods of forcing a time in the PK time booklet.

Forcing an hour should not be that difficult.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
There is an old, simple method taught on the Mind Control website that is a little contrived but may spark some better ideas.

If I remember correctly it is used to predict a selected planet(1 of 12).
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
The effect I think Shawn is wanting to use is the watch crystal. This is something that I used only as a fall back. Try using the psychological forces, i.e., number btw 1-10 and have a prediction. (I used a playing card, and subsequently verbally forced the suit afterwards.) For the times that the number did not hit and IF either 1 or 4 was said, then you could bring the watch crystal into play.

I must stress that I no longer use it, though. It seemed a little too much of a magic trick to me.

looch
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
Check out as mentioned 'Mind Stunts' for watchism, and also Osterlind's handling on a watch routine in his new DVD set. Volume 1 I think. Both excellent.

Good luck.
hmk
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
I remember David Eldrige mentioning a time force in his "Mind Control" booklet!

Shahin
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Could you maybe fix a magnet to the inside of a "clock" at the to-be-forced time? You can then spin the minute hand around the clock and it will stop at the desired time.

It's just an idea that came to me. Good luck!
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
Greetings everyone,

Looch is indeed correct. I am trying to use the Watch Crystal effect. I really don't care for the force used in the instructions (Steinmeyers from Impuzzibilities). I just think that it’s a bit contrived. I would rather have a straightforward force of either one or 4 o'clock. I am interested in this trick because I have been using a ghost glass lately, and it gets a great reaction. I bought the Watch Crystal thinking that it would also play great, but unfortunately, I don't like the force. I figured there was probably something out there that would work. Please let me know if one comes to mind.

unklepaul, I bought Mind Stunts from Hocus-Pocus.com, and I agree, it is a very good video with strong material.

Chappy, I am curious about the mind control website you speak of. Any info?

Thanks to all who have replied.

Shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Forcing a Time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL