We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Teach a child that violence is the answer.... (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
A spatula?


: a kitchen tool that has a handle which is bent upward and a wide, thin blade used for lifting and turning foods on a hot surface

: a kitchen tool that has a long handle and short, soft blade and that is used especially for mixing, spreading, etc.

: a kitchen tool similar to a knife that has a flexible blade and that is used for mixing, spreading, etc.


I know what a spatula is. But RNK spoke of using it as something other than a kitchen tool. He seems to consider it a Biblical corporal punishment tool.

And that's in the Bible? Spare the spatula, spoil the child?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5042 Posts

Profile of landmark
I just want to say how cheated I feel that I was never beaten by my father; I evidently missed the opportunity of becoming a fine upstanding citizen.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
A spatula?


: a kitchen tool that has a handle which is bent upward and a wide, thin blade used for lifting and turning foods on a hot surface

: a kitchen tool that has a long handle and short, soft blade and that is used especially for mixing, spreading, etc.

: a kitchen tool similar to a knife that has a flexible blade and that is used for mixing, spreading, etc.


I know what a spatula is. But RNK spoke of using it as something other than a kitchen tool. He seems to consider it a Biblical corporal punishment tool.

And that's in the Bible? Spare the spatula, spoil the child?


Just messing with you Stone. No offense intended.

As far as what the bible says on disciplining a child, spare the rod etc. is one of the more benign pieces of advice.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Ther's much more but that in itself is enough.

I'd hoped to keep this thread objective. If we go much farther down this path the Banhammer will fall on it and everythhing that's been said will be for nothing.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Poor landmark. Does he really think he had a father?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
No. but I have faith that the majority citizens in a fascist dictatorship are throughly brainwashed and frightened in to total submission. Of course I got this from reading books written within the last 80 years , so I could be competely misinformed.


So what's your statement have to do with my boys being respectful boys that listen who do not cause trouble and are well liked by their teachers?


Real simple... if you beat and terrorize them into submission , of course they are well behaved. I'm talking about the psychological terrorism of organized religion as well as the physical beatings.


And here we go. The "I hate God" crowd checking in.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5042 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, tommy wrote:
Poor landmark. Does he really think he had a father?

Same as yours, from what he said about your mom.


Really tommy, we do this all day in NYC.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5042 Posts

Profile of landmark
It's exactly like that. Pro tip: be careful when sticking your head out of the taxicab sun roofs. Low flying drones.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
No. but I have faith that the majority citizens in a fascist dictatorship are throughly brainwashed and frightened in to total submission. Of course I got this from reading books written within the last 80 years , so I could be competely misinformed.


So what's your statement have to do with my boys being respectful boys that listen who do not cause trouble and are well liked by their teachers?


Real simple... if you beat and terrorize them into submission , of course they are well behaved. I'm talking about the psychological terrorism of organized religion as well as the physical beatings.


And here we go. The "I hate God" crowd checking in.


Respectfully, and after what we recently went through you know I mean that, if a person bases their morality on the Bible, to whatever extent, and the Bible says what it says about disciplining a child, then pointing out what it says does not amount to "hating god".
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

And here we go. The "I hate God" crowd checking in.


I do believe that to hate something, it has to exist.

Organized religion exists, god doesn't.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes blah blah blah. Hijack another thread to spew hatred. Good idea. Shows just how tolerant you really are.

What exactly does that teach?

Teach a child to ne a hypocrite. Good plan.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

That's what all organized religions teach.

So who's the hypocrite?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tolerance is weakness? WHAT? I know for a fact ALL organized religions do not teach that because in my Catholic upbringing it never was ONCE said.

So YOU are the hypocrite.

And lets even pretend that this was a true statement you just said instead of an uninformed hate post. Would that make it ok for YOU to then be intolerant? You spew hatred and intolerance out of the same exact reasons that every hate group does. Ignorance and fear.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

That's what all organized religions teach.

So who's the hypocrite?


What are your specific and verifiable sources?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Teach a child that violence is the answer.... (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL