The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Help for a non-rope guy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
The director of Neighborhood Bible Time has asked me to update his tricks for the guys for 2004. One thing that all the guys must carry is a 3' long (or so) piece of rope. I know a few tricks with a single rope but I would like some more ideas and GOOD resources for tricks with one rope. I know this limits things, but no extras, gimmicks, etc. Only impromptu style with a single rope.

Thanking you in advance,

FC Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
FC,

To be fair I think you should list what tricks you already have as there are only a very few due to your restrictions.

Bill Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Get the Flip rope DVD from L&L Publishing. There's a whole bunch of routines for a single length of rope on it.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I have just released a DVD on this very topic. There are over 30 different routines and only one of them uses a gimmick. All are knots and rope flourishes done with a single length of rope. Check out my web site, it's called The Dennis Loomis Knot Routine... Plus!

I apologize for the plug, but it's right on topic here.
Dennis Loomis
http://www.loomismagic.com
P.S. There's also a brief thread about the DVD in the Knots and Loops forum here on the Café.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Resources:

• As above

• Dover Catalog, magic section

• Abbots Encyclopedia of Rope Magic

• Fulves Self-Working etc.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
Have you checked out Expert Rope Magic by Daryl. He has some Rope magic you might be able to use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Help for a non-rope guy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL