The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Classic Fantastic" By Paul Vigil (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
I would like to read more reviews...
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Seems this thread has been heavily edited. I guess Paul has friends in high places, lol.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, BlackZ wrote:

Can you try and explain your thought process to me, when you ask about more reviews. And I mean this in the most friendly way.

Paul Vigil is one of the most respected magicians in the entire world. Respected by many of the best magicians and highly successful in entertaining laypeople

If you are serious about your magic and have the money, I simply cannot see any reason not to purchase this book. Of course you have to have interest in this kind of material.

And if you read the book and are disappointed about the material, you can sell it a with a minimum loss or maybe even make money selling the book (!)

If you're only doing magic for friends and family and wants nothing more than that, I can certainly understand that you are on the fence about ordering this book at a $200 price tag.

Magic is a big passion of mine and I very serious about it. $200 is A LOT of money for me. But I worked extra and ordered this book without knowing very much about the book. From Paul's other available material, the things I have seen him do online and from what I hear, from other magicians I respect and enjoy - It was a no-brainer ordering this book in a heart beat.
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
400 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I ordered a couple copies for myself and my older magic friend, but never received any sort of confirmation or contact about payment or shipment received. I paypalled paulvigil@hotmail.com

Anyone know how this process works? Is Paul just fulfilling orders himself?

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
400 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Paul responded very quickly, wow. If anyone had their doubts from previously being burned by pirates or Luke Jermay, Paul Vigil has definitely cleared that up for me. :]
//Sean Beard
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, Magic-Daniel wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, BlackZ wrote:

Can you try and explain your thought process to me, when you ask about more reviews. And I mean this in the most friendly way.

Paul Vigil is one of the most respected magicians in the entire world. Respected by many of the best magicians and highly successful in entertaining laypeople

If you are serious about your magic and have the money, I simply cannot see any reason not to purchase this book. Of course you have to have interest in this kind of material.

And if you read the book and are disappointed about the material, you can sell it a with a minimum loss or maybe even make money selling the book (!)

If you're only doing magic for friends and family and wants nothing more than that, I can certainly understand that you are on the fence about ordering this book at a $200 price tag.

Magic is a big passion of mine and I very serious about it. $200 is A LOT of money for me. But I worked extra and ordered this book without knowing very much about the book. From Paul's other available material, the things I have seen him do online and from what I hear, from other magicians I respect and enjoy - It was a no-brainer ordering this book in a heart beat.

Hello Daniel,
I simply want to know more about his work because I have hear his name but I have never seen something done by Paul Vigil and want to know more about his work... in the last period a lot of books had come out in a limited edition and not all, without making any names, cover my expectations... thanks anyway for your answer.
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
247 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
BlackZ,

Other effects by Paul are:
Diplopia
Sympathy (For the Devil) Cards
H. C. E.
High 5

I believe they were all limited releases and don't think they're available anymore, but a google search (or a search here on the Café) will give you plenty of background and reviews of these (IMO Fantastic) effects.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Paul has a few things on the market- all worth checking out, and most (other than HCE) well below the $200 price tag of Classic Fantastic. If you're not familiar with Paul's work, do yourself a favor and track down his other stuff. IF you love his work and if the book is still available, grab it!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Really thanks you all for the warn...
I appreciate and I will go to check his others works
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Just ordered... thanks you all for the hints
mushi
View Profile
New user
Japan
52 Posts

Profile of mushi
I have ordered mine on 28 Nov from Japan. I received nothing.
I would like to know my situation.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, mushi wrote:

how the %$#@ would we know? email Paul.
ELDEMONIO
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of ELDEMONIO
Haha the Sponge!

Mushi follow Sponge's advice, all will be resolved.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, mushi wrote:

how the %$#@ would we know? email Paul.

LOL!!!
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
Classic Fantastic has arrived to me in San Diego…can't wait to dive in.
magician102
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magician102
I ordered and received my copy promptly - I have yet to have a chance to delve into the depths of the book, but a cursory glance tells me the following:

Each trick is fully explained in painstaking detail. The method is clearly outlined prior to the effect. Then the effect and presentation and choreography are equally detailed. Beyond descriptions, Paul has put down thoughts on his entire thought process, including what he has changed over the years of development and why. This kind of insight into his thinking is well worth the paltry sum of 200$. I would have spent as much on a single one of these methods to better understand Paul's thinking which can apply to any other tricks you do.

His thought process always inspires me, and I look forward to posting a thorough review after I have an opportunity to read the entire book in detail.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Anyone overseas received theirs yet?
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of learachel
Not yet sniff
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
I haven't received mine yet. Give it till the end of the week. Still the holiday season (mail maybe delayed).

Cheers,

ALex
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Still awaiting its arrival in Florida

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Classic Fantastic" By Paul Vigil (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL