The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I.S.I.S. (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5385 Posts

Profile of RNK
Wow. Naïve. American troops WERE EXPOSED to chemical weapons AFTER 2003 the article states. Unreal- still in denial.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
So I guess Bush and the rest of the administration that had banked their credibility on finding weapons, was really secretly in collusion with Saddam then in keeping them secret.

Doesn't pass the laugh test.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5385 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, landmark wrote:
So I guess Bush and the rest of the administration that had banked their credibility on finding weapons, was really secretly in collusion with Saddam then in keeping them secret.

I understand- tough for you to swallow.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
I just came to say FoxNews.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, landmark wrote:

I understand- tough for you to swallow.

Care to address the point I just raised?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Well, they have just given the operation a name. "INHERENT RESOLVE". I was holding out for "This time for sure!"
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
It was eight o'clock in evening, my son was home alone in country cottage. Next thing his girl bursts through the back door, screening “They coming! They are coming! They are coming!” The dog is growing and going crazy. So he run into back, where his girl is desperately locking the glass door but he nothing. “We are under attack! She screens. Then he sees this black guy picking himself up off the floor outside and he is wearing gas mask and then sees another and another one. They run to front door just as the attacks start breaking it down. He manages to wedge himself between the door and the stair case. But the door his part class and they break that. My son shouts at his girl “Get my gun!” She runs upstairs and comes and down with toy gun. He takes it from stands up shouts “Right so you some do you now you are get it! Sticks the gun out the broken window and they all run off. Apparently the dog got the first one who came through the back door and chased him out. The Nazi Muslim Brotherhood eh, they have less backbone than a jellyfish.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2014, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Well, they have just given the operation a name. "INHERENT RESOLVE". I was holding out for "This time for sure!"

I was betting for "AND THIS TIME WE MEAN IT". (Sort of the way people take the I will not drink pledge the day of the hangover and such?

How about "Take our "democracy" whether you like it or not!"?

Good idea sir we need to at least name the operations honestly.

Operation "money pit in the sand" might work.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
And a long time ago I asked you for any PROOF of WMDs found in Irag.

There is none, the statement of an anonymous veteran notwithstanding. (Funny that he never said anything about that to the press, or they would have been all over it, as would the Bush administration.)

There were no WMDs found in Iraq. Even Bush himself finally admitted that.

WMD's, Chemical weapons found in Iraq- please read: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/......ews&_r=0

As I stated previously- a Veteran of the war told me there were WMD they found in Iraq. As stated in the above article, "American troops secretly reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, according to interviews with dozens of participants, Iraqi and American officials, and heavily redacted intelligence documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act"

Last I heard, what they found was old useless stuff. Bush claimed there were brand new WMD and facilities for creating WMD. Were any facilities found? Was any up-to-date materials or facilities found?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No, there were not. The Bush administration falsely alleged that Saddam had active nuclear weapons and WMD programs. What is being passed off now as proof that there were WMDs, is simply the discovery of discarded materials that the US had GIVEN to Saddam over a decade earlier and which were not properly disposed of.

Again, NO evidence of an active WMD program was found, nor were any functioning WMDs "stockpiled" and/or discovered.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well we should agree that being wrong and telling lies are two different things.

Now also we need to agree that what was found was NOT what the Bush administration was speaking of when they made the mistake. To point to it now and say that it was somehow what they thought was there is sort of disingenuous.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Sort of? THAT'S an understatement!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea it would seem so.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Twister ... They hate us and want us dead because we are INFIDELS....NOT because we are interfering with them, although we truly are!!!!

So let's stop pretending, leave them to kill each other so the world can see the nonsensical reasons why they are fighting , and deal with what remains. Which probably won't be much.

NO troops, NO weapons and NO aid of any kind.

I believe that as a World Leader the U.S. has a moral responsibility to do something in this situation. Isis is openly committing genocide. They are killing men and taking women as slaves by the hundred if not thousands. What is the answer? I really have no answer. However I definitely feel the answer is not to stand by and watch this take place and see what happens.

I as most Americans hate to see us get involved in these issues. But as we all know great power comes with great responsibility. If you are in the street and see a man beating a child or an invalid do you stand by and watch and say it is no concern of mine just because you do not know the child, the invalid or the attacker? While it may be a poor analogy it gets the point across. What do we do besides stand by and watch. That cannot be the answer. I really don't think we should just stand by and sell tickets to this spectacle of mans inhumanity to man.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I agree with you, aces.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why is this different from Saddam Hussein or any of a hundred dictator regimes? Why do we intervene here and it is a moral obligation and before it was an unjust illegal war?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Are you saying there's no "imminent threat" to the U.S. From ISIS? Somehow I don't see many of the Bush haters lining up in the street to chant "Hagel lied; people died."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am only trying to see the difference. I don't even care I if the first time was right or wrong. Just want to hear the difference. Suddenly it is enough just to be a brutal regime. What a difference an election makes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Are you saying there's no "imminent threat" to the U.S. From ISIS? Somehow I don't see many of the Bush haters lining up in the street to chant "Hagel lied; people died."

If you're trying to make an analogy between Saddam Hussein's regime and ISIS, I don't think it's a very good one.

They are very different.

To the best of my knowledge, I'm not aware of any leftist who doesn't think that ISIS poses a significant threat to the people of the Mid-east and perhaps beyond.

The leftist critique (and some of the rightist critique) of the present policy is this:

a) The rise of ISIS is dangerous to world peace and is directly attributable to US meddling in the region, beginning specifically with the 2003 Iraq War; and
b) Nothing the US can do militarily will make the situation better and is pretty much guaranteed to make it even worse.

The best bet--and not necessarily the winning solution--is for the US to pressure the other regional powers to stop supplying arms to all sides and also to strengthen Iran from a diplomatic point of view. The suggestions of Phyllis Bennis, a well known leftist writer on Mid-Eastern issues include this: "A real coalition is needed not for military strikes but for powerful diplomacy. That means pressuring U.S. ally Saudi Arabia to stop arming and financing ISIS and other extremist fighters; pressuring U.S. ally Turkey to stop allowing ISIS and other fighters to cross into Syria over the Turkish border; pressuring U.S. allies Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and others to stop financing and arming everyone and anyone in Syria who says they're against Assad." - See more at: http://www.progressive.org/news/2014/09/......eat-isis
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The comparison is that, if you don't believe that ISIS poses an imminent threat to the U.S., then we're taking military action based on false representations.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I.S.I.S. (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL