The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I.S.I.S. (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..16~17~18 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Probably because according to the CNN poll you endorsed, 13% of Americans DO think that only police and military personnel should be allowed to own guns. And those are just the ones who admit it.

Edit: Danny snuck in there. This post is in response to Bob.

So assuming those 13% are liberals, and assuming, say, 40% of Americans are liberal (and 40% conservative and 20% in the middle, or something close to that), it's true that it's not "the liberals" who want to take your guns away; it's only a third of them.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Didn't we already let the terrorists win when we put armed guards and metal detectors at airports?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Didn't we already let the terrorists win when we put armed guards and metal detectors at airports?


No. Not at all. Did we let criminals win when we first put police officers on the streets?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:
Good thing we have the RIGHT to own arms and take out these scums if they try. I just might feel a little unsafe if the liberals had their way and made everyone turn their guns over.

RNK

Wow, really? You are so afraid of ISIS in the USA that you feel the need to protect yourself from them with a gun? How would that even work against a suicide bomber?

If that is your level of daily walkaround fear, then for at least as far as you are concerned, the terrorists really have won.


I guess you have not noticed that ISIS takes hostages to behead them. Pretty naïve to think that all they do is use suicide bombers.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Probably because according to the CNN poll you endorsed, 13% of Americans DO think that only police and military personnel should be allowed to own guns. And those are just the ones who admit it.

Edit: Danny snuck in there. This post is in response to Bob.

So assuming those 13% are liberals, and assuming, say, 40% of Americans are liberal (and 40% conservative and 20% in the middle, or something close to that), it's true that it's not "the liberals" who want to take your guns away; it's only a third of them.


Interesting spin- Why not just put it this way- MOST liberals, nearly two thirds of them (which would be a landslide in any election) do NOT want to take your guns away from you.

Of course, putting it that way doesn't fit into the fear mongering agenda, does it?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:
Good thing we have the RIGHT to own arms and take out these scums if they try. I just might feel a little unsafe if the liberals had their way and made everyone turn their guns over.

RNK


Why is this lie constantly perpetrated by the NRA and extremists? I am a Liberal. I have no desire to make "everyone turn their guns over."

That is just another example of fear mongering.


Ok. Sorry, you are correct Bob- it's not fair to state ALL liberals, just some Liberals and no Conservatives want to take the right to own a gun away. No Conservatives that I know of anyway.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Probably because according to the CNN poll you endorsed, 13% of Americans DO think that only police and military personnel should be allowed to own guns. And those are just the ones who admit it.

Edit: Danny snuck in there. This post is in response to Bob.

So assuming those 13% are liberals, and assuming, say, 40% of Americans are liberal (and 40% conservative and 20% in the middle, or something close to that), it's true that it's not "the liberals" who want to take your guns away; it's only a third of them.


Interesting spin- Why not just put it this way- MOST liberals, nearly two thirds of them (which would be a landslide in any election) do NOT want to take your guns away from you.

Of course, putting it that way doesn't fit into the fear mongering agenda, does it?


I think 2/3 is an awfully small percentage, when you're considering that what they want to do is completely abrogate the Second Amendment.

If 1/3 of conservatives wanted to re institute slavery, would you call it fear mongering to maximize that number? Would you say, "think of it this way - MOST conservatives, nearly 2/3 of them (which would be a landslide in any election) do NOT want to bring back slavery"?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Might as well also point out, though, that a majority of ALL Americans, including a majority of NRA members, favor reasonable gun safety laws, including background checks.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Or would you "spin" it to make it sound like that 1/3 minority was a disturbingly large number?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:

Ok. Sorry, you are correct Bob- it's not fair to state ALL liberals, just some Liberals and no Conservatives want to take the right to own a gun away. No Conservatives that I know of anyway.



Then you should know about this conservative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brady Smile

And these conservative https://www.facebook.com/Conservativesforguncontrol

As well as this guy http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/conserva......measures

Then of course Ronald Reagan supported gun control as well http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statem......ons-ban/

So it's not just a liberal only issue.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Might as well also point out, though, that a majority of ALL Americans, including a majority of NRA members, favor reasonable gun safety laws, including background checks.


I am with you on that! We especially need much better background checks.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Does the NRA think there should be background checks for private sales and gun shows? I wonder if the percentage who think there shouldn't be is greater than 13%.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The NRA position is significantly different that that held by the majority of its own members.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Assuming we could accurately and definitively label all possible gun laws as "reasonable" or "unreasonable," undoubtedly, many conservatives (and some liberals) would oppose "reasonable restrictions." However, conversely, many liberals (and some conservatives) would support unreasonable restrictions - a fact which doesn't seem to particularly bother you as a gun owner, Bob. If fewer liberals supported unreasonable restrictions, I suspect that fewer conservatives would support the NRA. The NRA opposes the unreasonable along with the reasonable, and afaik, they're the only game in town when it comes to fighting the unreasonable ones, so the baby goes out with the bath water.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It says a lot the the NRA puts the interests of gun manufacturers over those of its own members.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:
Good thing we have the RIGHT to own arms and take out these scums if they try. I just might feel a little unsafe if the liberals had their way and made everyone turn their guns over.

RNK


Why is this lie constantly perpetrated by the NRA and extremists? I am a Liberal. I have no desire to make "everyone turn their guns over."

That is just another example of fear mongering.


Ok. Sorry, you are correct Bob- it's not fair to state ALL liberals, just some Liberals and no Conservatives want to take the right to own a gun away. No Conservatives that I know of anyway.


Oh, I'm pretty certain you could find Conservatives who would want to take guns away. It depends on who owns the guns. I wonder what the general consensus of the Black Panthers arming themselves would be among Conservatives.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
It says a lot the the NRA puts the interests of gun manufacturers over those of its own members.


What makes you think that they do that?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, RNK wrote:
Good thing we have the RIGHT to own arms and take out these scums if they try. I just might feel a little unsafe if the liberals had their way and made everyone turn their guns over.

RNK


Why is this lie constantly perpetrated by the NRA and extremists? I am a Liberal. I have no desire to make "everyone turn their guns over."

That is just another example of fear mongering.


Ok. Sorry, you are correct Bob- it's not fair to state ALL liberals, just some Liberals and no Conservatives want to take the right to own a gun away. No Conservatives that I know of anyway.


Oh, I'm pretty certain you could find Conservatives who would want to take guns away. It depends on who owns the guns. I wonder what the general consensus of the Black Panthers arming themselves would be among Conservatives.


I'm pretty sure it would be that the ones who haven't been convicted of violent crimes or felonies should be allowed to own guns.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The last time the NRA came out in OPPOSITION to open carrying of firearms was when the Black Panthers claimed the right to do so.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
And how would they propose to enforce that? Do they support background checks of private and gun show sales?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I.S.I.S. (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL