The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Carpet Covering (Olefin) with "velcro" quality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Hello all,

I have a very Old, unique shaped table that I love. ..but would like to add a "carpet" kind of covering to it for protection of the wood. I used to have a Lefler Pro Table and loved the fact that not only did it have a covering that protected the wood from dings, etc. . but you could velcro anything to it . I've been told it's called Olefin and thought I had found it at a fabric place that deals with car interiors, aqua marine stuff. . . but it either didn't have the velcro quality or got ragged quickly if it DID attach to velcro (unlike my pro table) Does anyone know where I might be able to find that type of covering/carpet material.

So. . . any help?

Thank you,
Daniel
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
There is a cloth that is often used to cover PA speakers that looks almost like a grey wool. A very similar material is also used on the floor of the trunk of my car. Check with a local music store or auto upholstery shop.

Also look at the last two items on this website:

http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech11.html

I hope this helps.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
dreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
156 Posts

Profile of dreidy
Some types of wetsuit neoprene have the unfortunate quality of sticking to velcro (an advantage here, but not when suiting up for scuba diving). Try to get 3mm or 5mm with one side bare and the other fabric covered - many of the cheaper types will stick to velcro. Cut it to shape and you'll have a slightly springy pad that won't slip against the wood but that will lift off when you want to clean it or show off the wood.

David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Carpet Covering (Olefin) with "velcro" quality (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL