The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 13 Steps To Mentalism by Corinda (First Bound Edition Maybe?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
In 1975 I purchased a bound copy 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda. The book is undated, however it contains the 13 step series shown as printed between 1958 and 1960. The pages are printed on glossy paper and published by Corinda's Magic Studio or Corinda's Studio Ltd London. The book also contains Errata and Additions to the full "Thirteen Steps to Mentalism" and an interview with Claude Chandler.

It is a bound copy with a hard cover, dust cover and plastic.

A photo of the front cover is attached.

Can anyone tell me if this is the first bound edition of the 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda. If it is, any ideas as to value?

Click here to view attached image.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I can't be certain but I don't think it's the first edition. I visited Corinda's shop in Tottenham Court Road in the Sixties and saw them on a shelf - they were £5 which was a small fortune in those days. My memory is probably faulty but I don't think they looked like that.

What I did buy on that visit was one of the individual booklets (Step 9). It's dated 1964 and is published by Accuba Ltd, 7 Tottenham Court Road.

Barry
jaymeswhite1219
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of jaymeswhite1219
Vintage books, mine is definitely not that.
cigmas
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of cigmas
I have a set of booklets, bought in the mid 60's, half of which have a similar cover to the one in the OP's photo. so it could be an early bound edition.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 13 Steps To Mentalism by Corinda (First Bound Edition Maybe?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL