The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Straight Jacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aroy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Aroy
Am thinking of developing a 3-minute SJ escape presentation in my stand-up show.

The plan is to get 3 volunteers up on stage to do the tying up sequence and then launch into the routine with another volunteer being the time-keeper calling out time every 15 secs.

Would love to be able to interject one-liners throughout the escape process.

Any one-liners that would come in handy would be greatly appreciated.

ROY
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Lovell, has a video tape of his rotine and he uses some rlly funny lines.
Dennis Michael
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I've seen Simon do this routine at Monday Night Magic in Manhattan. If he offers this routine on video, I would highly recommend getting it. It's totally hilarious.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hank Moorehouse performs a very funny Straight Jacket to "The Stripper Music Theme" a very old song.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
So many do this and so many do it the same...argh...

Funny young Nathan Burton does it with a clear vinyl jacket and it is really funny, his face squished up under it, etc.

I wrote a gag for this effect. You finish in two or three minutes, take a bow, walk off holding the jacket and as you come back on to take another bow you are BACK IN THE JACKET. In seconds.

Olsen and Johnson, in vaudeville, years ago, had a takeoff on Houdini (who was popular at the time).

They had a guy put into a jacket and put behind a screen, every once in awhile they would check his progress. He'd be writhing on the floor unable to get out... soon, he would be sporting a beard. Each time they checked the beard would be LONGER AND LONGER...

Finally, he never got out, and when the audience left the guy was rolling around on the floor of the lobby with a ten foot long beard, still trying to get out as the patrons left the theater.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Simon's comedy SJ escape is hilarious!
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Dan Lorinitas does the funniest jacket routine I've ever seen. The music he uses changes from "Who Let the Dogs Out" (and a small dog puppet emerges from the top of the jacket to a Michael Jackson song (and a silver-sequined glove pops out the bottom) while he moonwalks across the stage.

He performed at the St. Louis Jubilee a couple years ago and got rave reviews.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Straight Jacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL