The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » LaVellma's Vaudville Budget for Mind-Readers Magicians and Ventriloquists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Just bought this 1922 book today. Has anyone else read it? It looks amazing so far. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes. I've had a copy of this for over forty years. It was written by David Lustig, who as later and advance man for Dunninger as we as his co-creator and confidante.

The methods described are very primitive and outdated, but the book nonetheless is of great historical interest.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Just bought this 1922 book today. Has anyone else read it? It looks amazing so far. Smile

Yes I have a copy of this; forgot I have it until this reminder. I gotta pull out some of my boxes of "schtuff" from my magic closet and remind myself of some of the treasures I have collected over the de ades past! Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
I too have a copy signed by Lustig in a box somewhere.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've always thought that Lustig was the BRAINS behind the outfit .. at least as far as pre-show, from what I've read. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Yes, I too have had a copy of that work for about 25 years, David Lustig also put out a small legal size manuscript folded on a Blindfold which was intresting as well a few years later. At its core the work of 1922 is very dated as Bob stated above although some of the itemsin that book could be reconstructed using newer methods that were not avaiable in Davids time which might make for some intresting items.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I have this book and some other from the same author : the method are dated (exept maybe the bits on the two person code : this has not evolved much in the past century) but it really helps to understand how mentalism evolved to it's current point.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There is some amazing things about crystal gazing!!!!
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Can also be found as PDF in the Will Alma Collection in the Victorian State Library on line.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » LaVellma's Vaudville Budget for Mind-Readers Magicians and Ventriloquists (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL