The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What have you found to be the best quarter expanded shell? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Criphone
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Mike Criphone
I'm getting back into close up with quarters instead of halfs. I've been happy with Johnson products since the 80's, but was wondering how other brands compare these days. What would you recommend?
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Johnson is as good as any. Get one and you will be happy.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have two Johnson Products quarter [s. One is a state and the other the eagle. Incredible quality!

Doug
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I have a Johnson Products quarter that I purchased twenty plus years ago. It looks great. It is a tails. When placed next to a regular quarter it looks the same.

I have seen recent quarter shells which are well made. However, to me, they look much larger than a regular quarter when placed side by side. Now the shells I have seen are heads.

I believe that a tails shell would be the choice shell for a quarter.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, Motor City wrote:
I believe that a tails shell would be the choice shell for a quarter.

If you're using your own older quarters that's probably true, but nowadays the "state" quarters are more common and the tails sides are all different. Much like the "tails" side of older quarters, the new "heads" side is identical on all the coins and has no date. I bought a new Johnson "heads" shell for just this reason.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have a few Johnson quarter shells - three or four - and one Tango quarter shell. All are pretty equally good. However I received a quarter shell that I believe was made by Roy Kueppers that came with Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas, and it is by far the best quarter shell I own. Almost full side coverage and virtually no side-to-side movement, yet it goes on and off coins very easily. I haven't heard that many accolades from others with regard to the IC shell but I must say that the one I received is simply fantastic!

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Just Saw One of Todd's quarter Shell's to night! It look GREAT!!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I agree 100% with J-Mac, I have used and praised Johnson for years as "the working mans gaffs" and stand by it today (I also have some upper end stuff that Johnson doesn't make anymore) so I have gone to "Big names" for those. But as J-Mac said, my shell (new quarter/ heads) that came with my Imagination Coins is incredibly well made. for the price of the effect + DVD + Shell + the cool little coin purse (not to mention the contents of said DVD) I cant believe Kozmo made any money on this.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Todd Lassen's
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
See Todd's blog.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I had a chance to see the lassen quarters on Friday. A great experience. Smile shell and 4. I almost bought one. His work is exceptional.. I got sumthin' else instead. Smile
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I don't get into this much... But I to have bunch of Toddies shtuff... And his quarters are SHWEET!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
elainevblaine
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of elainevblaine
Some SHWEET deals on quarter shells, it appears.....

http://toddlassen.com/commercial/
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, J-Mac wrote:
I have a few Johnson quarter shells - three or four - and one Tango quarter shell. All are pretty equally good. However I received a quarter shell that I believe was made by Roy Kueppers that came with Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas, and it is by far the best quarter shell I own. Almost full side coverage and virtually no side-to-side movement, yet it goes on and off coins very easily. I haven't heard that many accolades from others with regard to the IC shell but I must say that the one I received is simply fantastic!

Jim

I have the Roy Kueppers shell from IC, great shell and have been using it since the release.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Another vote for Todd's Commercial
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What have you found to be the best quarter expanded shell? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL